Who Transfers or Leaves For Other Reasons?

Who won't be here next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need another PG next year, hopefully Fran doesn't think he can mover forward with just Jordan and his son/CW at the Pg spot.
Don't think we're recruiting any PGs for 2017. Like it or not, it's likely to be Bohannon and McCaffery/Williams (if he's here). Don't think that's so bad. Bohannon is playing well for a frosh- will be better as a Sophomore. Connor will likely be better than Williams. So we will have an upgrade at the position in 2017. If someone else leaves, we do have someone we're recruiting for 2018 that I'd like: PG Tre Wood from D.C.

Don't think we're recruiting any PGs for 2017. Like it or not, it's likely to be Bohannon and McCaffery/Williams (if he's here). Don't think that's so bad. Bohannon is playing well for a frosh- will be better as a Sophomore. Connor will likely be better than Williams. So we will have an upgrade at the position in 2017. If someone else leaves, we do have someone we're recruiting for 2018 that I'd like: PG Tre Wood from D.C.

That would be pretty bad. We need another PG

Iowa has a scheduled trip to Germany next year. I think Dom hangs on because of that. Dailey can see opportunity next year. Williams and Kreiner have the deepest hole to get out of or the most obstacles in their way. Connor coming in and two more good... true sized 4-5 players. Jones may be done physically and mentally.
Best guess jones is done... williams maybe heads closer to home and gets more PT elsewhere. Kreiner is an Iowa boy and should hang on but its possible he leaves for more PT too.
The way I see...

Bohannon is good at PG, we need to upgrade CW for sure, and not have to rely on Conner as a Fr.

Bohannon is good at PG, we need to upgrade CW for sure, and not have to rely on Conner as a Fr.
In any event, Bohannon as a Sophomore will be an upgrade over him as a freshmen. The year will upgrade CW if he's here. Don't know why you don't want to rely on Connor as a frosh backup to JB. He would be an upgrade over this year. That's the point. Overall, we'll have an upgrade at the position for 2017.

In any event, Bohannon as a Sophomore will be an upgrade over him as a freshmen. The year will upgrade CW if he's here. Don't know why you don't want to rely on Connor as a frosh backup to JB. He would be an upgrade over this year. That's the point. Overall, we'll have an upgrade at the position for 2017.

Even if Conner can handle the PG position offensively, he will be as limited or more than Jordan on the defensive end of the court. He doesn't have the lateral quickness needed to guard PG.

Our perimeter defense is going to be really bad with Bohannon and Connor

Not if the 3, 4, 5 positions improve defensively. But I can't speak for Connor, haven't seen him play much.

Connor is going to struggle to defend at the Big Ten level from what I've heard. High basketball IQ, will be an asset offensively but his lateral quickness is pretty poor and this is coming from someone who's coached him

Not if the 3, 4, 5 positions improve defensively. But I can't speak for Connor, haven't seen him play much.

I really haven't seen him play either. I did hear a podcast with his AAU coaches though, who thought he would struggle defensively at the PG position at Iowa. Felt he could run an offense, but just have trouble staying in front of D1 PG on the defensive side of the ball.

Connor is going to struggle to defend at the Big Ten level from what I've heard. High basketball IQ, will be an asset offensively but his lateral quickness is pretty poor and this is coming from someone who's coached him

Guess we'll find out.

I really haven't seen him play either. I did hear a podcast with his AAU coaches though, who thought he would struggle defensively at the PG position at Iowa. Felt he could run an offense, but just have trouble staying in front of D1 PG on the defensive side of the ball.

Moss could guard their point guard and Connor can guard the 2. At least he has the height to do that since Bohannon doesn't.

Moss could guard their point guard and Connor can guard the 2. At least he has the height to do that since Bohannon doesn't.
True- that is what often happens now. Yes, the defensive situation isn't ideal. But once again, it's an upgrade over this year with experience.

Latest posts