Who Transfers or Leaves For Other Reasons?

Who won't be here next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bump.

I gotta say it's looking more and more like Williams is the odd man out.

My updated prediction:

Jok graduates
Jones moves on
Williams transfers

Garza
Nunge
Potential grad transfer or JUCO guard
Connor either walks on or plays baseball only

Bump.

I gotta say it's looking more and more like Williams is the odd man out.

My updated prediction:

Jok graduates
Jones moves on
Williams transfers

Garza
Nunge
Potential grad transfer or JUCO guard
Connor either walks on or plays baseball only
At least Williams is playing. Dailey is still on the bench. Much as I'd like Dailey to stay, you've got to wonder about that situation. Plus, I still don't know where Wagner fits into this future lineup:
5: Kriener/Garza
4: Cook/Pemsl
3: Baer/Nunge/Dailey or Williams

Seems as though the longer the season goes, the less Williams plays. He seems entirely frustrated right now and I will be surprised if he is back next season.

20 January 2017 (2:43pm CST)

1_20_2017_1_42_27_PM.jpg

At least Williams is playing. Dailey is still on the bench. Much as I'd like Dailey to stay, you've got to wonder about that situation. Plus, I still don't know where Wagner fits into this future lineup:
5: Kriener/Garza
4: Cook/Pemsl
3: Baer/Nunge/Dailey or Williams

Fran wanted to RS Dailey, but Dailey didn't want to.....so he didn't.

If I were Dailey, I wouldn't transfer, yet anyway. There are going to be lots of minutes available with Jok graduating. Might as well stick around and compete for those minutes. If he doesn't earn any next year, then he can transfer as he has a RS left.

Fran wanted to RS Dailey, but Dailey didn't want to.....so he didn't.

If I were Dailey, I wouldn't transfer, yet anyway. There are going to be lots of minutes available with Jok graduating. Might as well stick around and compete for those minutes. If he doesn't earn any next year, then he can transfer as he has a RS left.
I like that theory of Dailey. But you can never tell with 18yos

I transferred to Peterbilt University from Mack ommunity College. Tecahers wouldn't teach e how to spell cuss they're brain damaged from Eddie Hightower.

If Williams leaves that's more incentive for Dailey to stay IMO. Also, I think Fran is very honest with each player during their individual sit downs after the season. I think there are really only 3 players in question and how the talk with Fran goes will finalize their decision.

Note - I can't imagine a scenario where Wagner leaves. He looked great against Maryland. And he could always hang around at Iowa for a 5th year and play some football...with dreams of the NFL.

If Williams leaves that's more incentive for Dailey to stay IMO. Also, I think Fran is very honest with each player during their individual sit downs after the season. I think there are really only 3 players in question and how the talk with Fran goes will finalize their decision.

Note - I can't imagine a scenario where Wagner leaves. He looked great against Maryland. And he could always hang around at Iowa for a 5th year and play some football...with dreams of the NFL.
Agree about Williams/Dailey. Concerning Wagner, I think there's a place for him as a spot energy guy. He does well in that role if the opposition size isn't too great. But again, look at the roster. I'm figuring either Kriener or Garza to break through at center next year. The other and Nunge will be fighting for minutes at 4-5 with Pemsl and Cook entrenched at the 4. Judging from his shooting of the 3 last summer, I have to figure Wagner sees those numbers and, from Fran's recruiting, that his plan is Ahmad sees some minutes at the 3 too, where he'd be competing vs Baer and Dailey/Williams. All this said, if Wagner is content with the spot energy role, he has a place. If not, he's got to have the consistent outside shot and learn to guard some 3s. Can he do that and does he want to do that?

We really need a certain guard to leave and add another PG

You're not alone here. There's a lot of people saying they feel Williams should transfer. Wasn't the plan coming into the year, but sometimes talented freshman can come in and take your spot. Happens all over the country.

Latest posts