Who has the best chance on the team right now to go pro?

Jridder10

I would say right now if may keeps improving he has a chance to get drafted. Also Basbabe and Marble Jr i think will have a chance if they continue to develop.

Is this serious? If by "pro" you mean NBA, then the answer is nobody. Nobody on this roster has any chance of playing in the NBA. If you mean the d-league or Europe then we might have a chance. I'll say Gatens, May, and McCabe would have the best chance, as they are our best players. Gatens has SG size and a SG skill, shooting. May would need to seriously improve his handles and shot, and maybe he could get a sniff as a SG. McCabe has a nice skill set and size for a SF, and maybe enough athleticism to hack it in Europe.

I would say right now if may keeps improving he has a chance to get drafted. Also Basbabe and Marble Jr i think will have a chance if they continue to develop.

If there were 3 future pros on the team then they would not be sitting at 3-3.

None that I see. If anyone would, it would be because of their own desire and work ethic, and raw althletic talent. That would leave me to believe May might have a shot, a more athletic Bobby Hansen, but a tough NBA size issue at 6'5". But has got a world of developemnt to do.

Horner and Brunner had the guts this team has needs deparately. But going pro is a whole nother scene man.

I don't see it. There are a bunch of tweener types on this team. May is not tall enough to be an NBA 3, but doesn't have the shot to be an NBA 2. Basabe isn't big enough to be an NBA 4, but is not skilled enough to be an NBA 3. Gatens is not strong or Big Enough to be an NBA forward, but not quick enough to be a guard. Would say the same thing about Marble, but we don't really know what he will develop into. Would love to see him turn into a Reggie Miller / Glen Rice type player. But I feel pretty confident that if you don't come in with that type of shooting ability, it might be too late to develop it.

I don't see any of them getting into the NBA but IMO the one with the best shot would be McCabe. Out of the whole team he has been the one I've been impressed with the most this year and he is only a freshman.

I'm sure there are some crappy foreign leagues out there that people could play in but I don't see how any of these players go to the NBA.

I think the question is, "Who has the best chance to go pro" not "Who will go to the pros"

If we have to pick one, I'd go with Devyn Marble.

Chances right now are slim to none, ask a little bit later in the year or after the year is over we will have a better idea of who has a chance.

Devyn Marble easily. Tons of raw talent and quick release and has good length. He is the only person I really think has a chance.

May would need to drastically improve is ball-handling and shot. Because of his size he would be a SG.

Basabe is the only other option I could fathom. He's pretty short to play PF in the NBA even with his arm-span and clearly does not have the skills to play SF.

Everyone else is either not quick enough or not big enough for NBA.

not that I really care all that much, but it is worth remembering that a number of the young men under discussion here are young enough that they might grow a few inches before it's all over for them. I like our players right here in Iowa City, and frankly could care less if they have pro careers of whatever sort. Love college ball, but only the Hawks, never watch pros.

I would think that Cody Cox, TJ Sayre and Branden Stubbs have about the same likelihood of playing in the NBA as the rest of the roster. With a little development and a strong work ethic I think they can make it.

I would think that Cody Cox, TJ Sayre and Branden Stubbs have about the same likelihood of playing in the NBA as the rest of the roster. With a little development and a strong work ethic I think they can make it.

This is absolutely the correct answer. Whoever is saying McCabe, I have to ask if you have ever watched a game of professional basketball before.

I'd say Marble.

This guy has a huge upside, and basketball is all this guy thinks about and does (other than video games). Guy has a winners mentality and is a student of the game. I predict him being all Big 10 by the time he is done and ending up in the D-league for a bit post college..

Whoever is saying McCabe, I have to ask if you have ever watched a game of professional basketball before.

Totally agree.... I was shocked to see his name come up in this thread. The potential I see of him is a role player for what is right now a bad Iowa team. If we develop into an NCAA tourney team it will be because we have recruited better athletes and his PT will fall off.

Marble's probably the only one with a chance. Unless Basabe somehow grows another 2-3 inches.

Latest posts