Who has the best chance on the team right now to go pro?

Does nobody think that Matt Gatens will at least get a training camp invite? He has size and his defense has really improved. I could see him as a fifth guard on an NBA roster-- not exactly elite company, to be sure, but he can shoot and gives a crap on defense, and it seems there is always a spot for those guys.
Absolutely not. Matt Gatens is a very poor man's David Lighty and Lighty is not in the league. No one on this team really even has a remote shot at the NBA. And trying to make an argument that they do is really just Hawkeye bias.

Gatens will be in the d league or overseas next year thou if he persues it. No way he gets a tc invite.

I would say right now if may keeps improving he has a chance to get drafted. Also Basbabe and Marble Jr i think will have a chance if they continue to develop.

This is a pretty funny post. No one, obviously. Not saying our guys dont have potential to be good but NBA good is a completely different level. Case in point...see us vs. Ohio St. and MSU; 2 teams with NBA talent. Simply outmatched.

Here's wishing for the best though!

most of you do realize Marble is a So and White is a Fr, they were not classified as one and done players coming in out of HS. if you want to discuss this years graduating class fine, but to throw FR and SO under the bus is ********.
case in point being who saw Marbles improvement from last year to this year, as to his shooting ability, he isn't being counted on for shooting 3"s and the 3 ball is not a requirement to make it to the next level.
and are really seriously implying that Fran can't develope talent, some people really have no clue
Basabe has 2 full years to improve
let them finish their College career before throwing them out with the trash

most of you do realize Marble is a So and White is a Fr, they were not classified as one and done players coming in out of HS. if you want to discuss this years graduating class fine, but to throw FR and SO under the bus is ********.
case in point being who saw Marbles improvement from last year to this year, as to his shooting ability, he isn't being counted on for shooting 3"s and the 3 ball is not a requirement to make it to the next level.
and are really seriously implying that Fran can't develope talent, some people really have no clue
Basabe has 2 full years to improve
let them finish their College career before throwing them out with the trash

Saying they won't play in the NBA doesn't equate to throwing them under the bus. You don't watch much NBA I take it.

most of you do realize Marble is a So and White is a Fr, they were not classified as one and done players coming in out of HS. if you want to discuss this years graduating class fine, but to throw FR and SO under the bus is ********.case in point being who saw Marbles improvement from last year to this year, as to his shooting ability, he isn't being counted on for shooting 3"s and the 3 ball is not a requirement to make it to the next level.and are really seriously implying that Fran can't develope talent, some people really have no clueBasabe has 2 full years to improvelet them finish their College career before throwing them out with the trash
Saying they won't play in the NBA doesn't equate to throwing them under the bus. You don't watch much NBA I take it.

Come on man. They can still grow. Stop being a bus thrower!

i haven't thrown anyone under a bus. its the people that claim that nobody on this team will make the NBA. all i have done is point out that people who say that a So or FR will not be NBA players are the bus throwers

i haven't thrown anyone under a bus. its the people that claim that nobody on this team will make the NBA. all i have done is point out that people who say that a So or FR will not be NBA players are the bus throwers

Wow. Herbuleus. Just when I thought you couldn't say anything more rediuclous you go and TOTALLY top yourself.

Gabe Olaseni will play in the NBA, no question about it.

Actually, at this point, his odds are better than anyone else on the team except for possibly Marble.

Given the fact that you can all but eliminate everyone else on the current roster right off the bat just based on size and or athleticism.

Gabe has ideal size and athleticism.

He could be the next Omeka Okafor or he could be the next Devon Archie. The percentages are certainly more likely that he will be closer to Archie but the jury is still totally out on this guy.

So being realistic is throwing someone under the bus?

White and Marble will not play in the NBA but they will be great Hawkeyes...keep sleuthing Herb

Gabe Olaseni will play in the NBA, no question about it.
Actually, at this point, his odds are better than anyone else on the team except for possibly Marble.Given the fact that you can all but eliminate everyone else on the current roster right off the bat just based on size and or athleticism.Gabe has ideal size and athleticism. He could be the next Omeka Okafor or he could be the next Devon Archie. The percentages are certainly more likely that he will be closer to Archie but the jury is still totally out on this guy.

Herb is gonna choke you! But you are right and its Emeka.. fwiw

Let me rephrase my agrreance. Gabe has the most upside. No way hes ever Emeka.
I think Marble has more upside than himIf Gabe is ever a poor man's Erek Hansen I will be happy

I love RDMJ to death and hope I am wrong but I don't think there is anyway he makes it to the League. Do I think its possible he makes all B1G before he leaves hell yes it is. He has improved a ton since last season.

I love RDMJ to death and hope I am wrong but I don't think there is anyway he makes it to the League. Do I think its possible he makes all B1G before he leaves hell yes it is. He has improved a ton since last season.

I agree...I dont think hes gonna make an NBA team but if I have to pick someone hes my choice

I agree...I dont think hes gonna make an NBA team but if I have to pick someone hes my choice

Ill stick with Gabe. If Looby can make an NBA camp why can't Gabe :)

Latest posts