Who else isn't sold on Petras still?

Consistently missing receivers who are open really isn't a mistake. I would say it's a lack of execution, or talent, and the ability to throw the ball to a spot where the receiver is going to end up. I didn't watch Petras footwork, but if he's missing guys consistently that's probably where it's starting. That might be mincing words on the mistake thing but I see a mistake as throwing an out pattern and the play was designed as something else.
It's just so painful to watch and you don't see that much out of many programs especially with the lines that are protecting. You just don't. Take out CJ and we've had 8 of 10 years os so with that type of things. Painful.

If BF got the job he'd be here for another 30 years.

I think a lot of his differences are due to being young. We were all young and cocky in our early years and I think he'd mellow out like anyone else. He's certainly gotten his wings clipped with the temper tantrum fallout and the stuff from last summer.

Call me crazy, but I truly think that the more important hire in the near future is the DC spot. I hope to god that Phil stays until retirement and he and KF both have a say in who the next guy is. My vote is LeVar Woods but I don't get a say in the matter.

I was thinking about about last night. Chris Klieman would be a good hire, but he would want to bring in his own guys. You are almost guaranteed continuity with BF. Even though Klieman checks a lot of boxes….BF would be the safer pick.

ISU, jNW, Wisky and most teams will load up to stop the hawk running game as they have been doing that for years. So Petras and the passing game, OLine and receivers, will need to make plays. If the run game is serviceable and Brian calls a really good game keeping teams off balance and sneaking in really good play action then the hawks can win.

I think this is Petras' chance to show out...will he be another Stanley/Rudock/Jake [insert last name here] or can he actually learn from the tape, calm down, hit those shots and ultimately put the team on his back to win the game. This is the moment.

Latest posts