Who else is going to the Michigan game?!

Hey, CBusHawk,

How early do we have to get there for a 3:30 kick? We have thought about watching some GameDay first and also about hitting the Hawkeye Huddle.

To be honest, I've never been to a Hawkeye Huddle. Never had any desire to go to one. I'm a big tailgater. Ribs, burgers, brats, shrimp cocktail, etc. From the people I know, I've always thought that there to many fuddy-duddies at those events.

I've only missed two Hawk games in Ann Arbor since 1986. Except for Minnesota, I've seen the Hawks play at least twice in every Big Ten Stadium. My rule-of-thumb has always been to get to the stadium three hours before game time. My only advice, is that if you like to tailgate, party & have fun; just go to the golf course. The people are wonderful. Never had any problems in Ann Arbor.

In my opinion, the best tailgating atmosphere in the Big Ten is on the golf course at Ann Arbor.

Hopefully, I've been helpful. Please, let me know about your experiance.

I'm going with my dad and some of his friends. My junior year of high school (2007), the Spanish Club was taking a summer trip to Spain. However, it was going to fall right in the middle of my high school baseball season. My dad was the head coach at the time, and his assistant made me a deal: if I skipped the Spanish trip and played ball, he would pay for tickets to the next Iowa-Michigan game in the Big House. I almost feel sorry for him, cause I totally suckered him. There was no way I was going to skip out on 5 or 6 baseball games for a trip that I can take down the line if I so choose. So I got Michigan tickets for doing something that I was going to do all along.

I am headed out to Michigan! First trip to Ann Arbor and i am pumped for it! Hopefully find some fellow Hawk fans to tailgate with!

I'm thinking we should keep the thread relevant so we can organize a tailgate in Ann Arbor with all the HawkeyeNation message board members in attendance. Maybe we coordinate to tailgate in the same lot?

I'm thinking we should keep the thread relevant so we can organize a tailgate in Ann Arbor with all the HawkeyeNation message board members in attendance. Maybe we coordinate to tailgate in the same lot?

This idea sounds good if we can pull it off.

Going to the UM game with my brother who lives in Western MI. Going to his house Thursday after work then Friday were going to AA. Staying in Bellville. Hope to have a little fun Friday night.

I actually lived in the Ann Arbor (Ypsilanti) area for 5 years but my job had me working every Saturday back then. Looking back on it I probably should have taken one of those Iowa/UM Saturdays off for vacation.

If people are still interested in meeting up at this game when the game happens. I am game for it.

Heading out on Friday with my son and two of his friends from Iowa City. All of us are die hard fans but other than the Orange Bowl, this is our first road game. Staying at a hotel about 2 miles west of the stadium. Looks like the golf course is the place to be. Maybe squeeze a round in if the weather is nice!!

To be honest, I've never been to a Hawkeye Huddle. Never had any desire to go to one. I'm a big tailgater. Ribs, burgers, brats, shrimp cocktail, etc. From the people I know, I've always thought that there to many fuddy-duddies at those events.

I have never been to a Huddle either, so I don't know what kind of people are there. I have heard rave reviews of the Bowl Game Huddles. We were considering it only because we did not know of the tailgating atmosphere.

[/QUOTE]I've only missed two Hawk games in Ann Arbor since 1986....My only advice, is that if you like to tailgate, party & have fun; just go to the golf course. The people are wonderful. Never had any problems in Ann Arbor....In my opinion, the best tailgating atmosphere in the Big Ten is on the golf course at Ann Arbor.[/QUOTE]
THIS is what I was waiting for. Solid experience and advice. As another poster said, it would be fun to connect with other Nation posters on the golf course. However, we always bring a couple of grills and coolers and fully enjoy the pre-game cookout.

Again, thanks! BTW, do you recall if it is possible to save paarking spots at this golf course, or do they have parking attendants packing them in to maximize the space utilization?

I'm definitely in for trying to meet up at the golf course. I've never been to AA before so I don't know if it's possible to save spots or not but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find the fellow Hawk fans.

Two of us heading to the game. Leaving Friday and staying about 1/2 hour from Ann Arbor area. Golf course sounds like a good idea.

This is my first post on here. Well, my second actually. The previous post is my first one. A friend just showed it to me. Pretty cool, I've been missing out. This is our VERY first away game following the Hawks. Only 2nd yr having season tickets. Looking forward to going to the Big House and stealing one from the Wolverines in thier house (hopefully). We are gonna shoot to park n tailgate at the golf course too. Hope to see you all there!

I just got my set of 4 tickets from a work acquaintence. Row 89, not real pumped about that, but nonetheless. Anybody know how many rows are in the stadium?
We are going to have 15+ guys up there. We have this house rented for the weekend, but it's about 4 miles from the stadium. I'm sure we be down for meeting up somewhere closer to the stadium to tailgate. It would be nice to know how this golf course works. Do we we have to be there super early to get a spot? Can we park a car on Friday night, so we have a spot? Meeting up with Nation posters would be a great idea.
Any additional info would be great. Officially a month from TODAY!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

I was going to go....really I was.

Until, a buddy of mine, tOSU fan, offered me a ticket to the tOSU @ Wisky game. I said I'd go only if we could sit and drink/watch the Hawks that afternoon.

He agreed.

So, I'm off to Madtown, dressing in Iowa garb, to watch the scUM game in a Madison bar that afternoon, then hoping tOSU beats up Wisky on the field but loses the game.

I love Big-10 football.

I was going to go....really I was.

Until, a buddy of mine, tOSU fan, offered me a ticket to the tOSU @ Wisky game. I said I'd go only if we could sit and drink/watch the Hawks that afternoon.

He agreed.

So, I'm off to Madtown, dressing in Iowa garb, to watch the scUM game in a Madison bar that afternoon, then hoping tOSU beats up Wisky on the field but loses the game.

I love Big-10 football.

If Michigan is still undefeated when we play them, you could really be missing out. I just don't see Wisky beating OSU.

I will be heading out there Friday sometime with two buddys and we are meeting a good friend out there so three Hawks and one Rich Rod fan I cant wait!!!

We are taking a group of 6 to the game! Section 9, Row 19. Heading out Friday morning and hitting up the bars hopefully. Never been, so any information on that? Go Hawks!

Latest posts