Who did we play your first time at Kinnick?

It's kinda hard to remember back, but the first one that comes to mind was an extremely hot day 9/7/1991 Iowa 53 Hawaii 10. It was over 90 degrees that day coupled with astro turf it had to be over 100 on the field.

Actually I think it was a year earlier in 1990 against Cincinnati.

Colorado. Mid 80's, not sure what year. Buff's won. My dad was CU alum so we sat in the Colorado section.

It's kinda hard to remember back, but the first one that comes to mind was an extremely hot day 9/7/1991 Iowa 53 Hawaii 10. It was over 90 degrees that day coupled with astro turf it had to be over 100 on the field.

Actually I think it was a year earlier in 1990 against Cincinnati.

I was at that game and remember Hawaii scoring their only TD during the final seconds of the game on a long bomb into the end zone. QB launched it up for grabs and they got lucky against our scrubs. I was 14 years old and angry cuz I wanted to 50 point 'em.

Minnesota. Not sure what year ('68?), but it was when Larry Lawrence and Podolak were playing. We were unstoppable between the 20's. ;) I can still remember guys in the stands swearing when we blew scoring chances.

I was ushering with the Boy Scouts, and the Gophers came out on to the field. Everybody around me started clapping, and I thought they had to be confused that both Iowa and MN were wearing yellow-gold helmets and pants. Later, I learned what the vistors' section was, and that I was right in the middle of it. :)

1995 vs Indiana. Iowa won 22-13. Indiana ran all over Iowa that day. IIRC Indiana was down to their 3rd string RB, but still rolled our D for over 300 yards rushing that day. Iowa scored a late TD to go up by 7. Hayden then elected to attempt a fake PAT and the holder or kicker ran in the 2 point conversion to go up 9 and ice the game. Great call by Hayden. Iowa went to 5-0 on the season with that win.

Latest posts