Who did we play your first time at Kinnick?

thank you for asking :mad:

Nov 4, 1989
Iowa 7
Illinois 31

it was 1995 before I made it to another one, but have gone to at least one, and usually more, every year since then

Last edited:
First Iowa home game was 1985 Iowa vs. Michigan St never forget Chuck Long's naked bootleg around the right side for a win.

First game was against Tulsa.

Hawks won 26-25 on a last second 2pt conversion to Scott Slutkser.

Sedrick Shaw was a freshman and had a couple of really good kick returns. Exciting game.

I cant even remember Ive been to so many games, I think the first one was around 93. But Im not totally sure, I started going to every game every year with my Dad in 96

Man, I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday... I have no idea who they played. I went to quite a few games as a child. I know the last time I was there was the Michigan game this past season.

Oregon State and Terry Baker back in 1960's. Probably 64-65.

Had knothole seats for $1. I was probably in 6th grade.

It was against Purdue in the early 90s. I thought it was '90, but the OP said we won that game...I recall the game I saw was a loss. I remember Mike Saunders played in that game.

11/5/1977 vs. Indiana. We lost 24-21. I was 8 years old and sat in the grass knothole section. My parents left me and my 7 year old brother there while they went and sat in their seats. They came and got us after the game. I can't imagine leaving kids that little alone in Kinnick by themselves these days. It was a different time for certain.

Tulsa 1997. Tavian Banks' record-setting game. I was just 7 years old at the time, and it was the coolest day of my life. I still have the #6 jersey that my dad bought me that day.

1997 - Iowa vs. UNI. The second play of the game Tavian Banks scamped 80 yds for a TD, and you knew the rout was on.

University of Miami, 1992. They crushed us, but it was a blast.

This is the first game I can remember. I know I was there multiple times before this game but do not have any memory of it. For some reason I do not remember really anything from before the age of 10. Yes it's weird.
I was 12 at that Miami game, and the one thing I specificially remember is some car had "Muck Fiami" written in their window and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Latest posts