Where is all the love??

A GREAT WIN...but repeating success is the mark of a winner.

That is what we are all hoping for no matter what labels one wants to cast about among the fan base. Championship caliber playing, win or lose.

I enjoyed listening to what the Michigan coach had to say about Iowa, gracious in defeat. Well done.

A GREAT WIN-A GREAT WIN-A GREAT WIN!!!!!!
Belein is definitely one of my favorites, makes it hard to root against them especially against dbag teams like MSU

70+ here. I enjoyed Iowa playing well vs a good Michigan team. I'm hoping Iowa can be in the top 4 at the end of the regular season. Iowa has the easiest schedule of the teams above them for the 4th spot. Minnesota has 6 tough games left and Maryland 5. Wisconsin has 4 tough games left. Iowa only two. When I say tough I mean games against teams currently above Iowa in the standings.

I am critical of McCaffery's substitution practices, but I still will always watch the games.

I've been on Hawkeye Nation for many years, and admittedly I'm mostly a browser. I come here to see what others think, know, and to celebrate or commiserate with other fans. There were many threads about the team quitting, fire Fran etc. after losing to MSU at home and a tough Gopher team on the road, and frankly after any loss. I jumped on last night wanting to soak in some positive talk about Iowa BB, and mostly nothing. I was so surprised I refreshed the page 4 times.

I hold as much reserved optimism as anyone, but that game last night was fun and they deserve some love. That is all. Carry on...

I hate to say it but personally I expected a slaughter. I chose to attend my daughter's school function instead of watching. I have never been more disappointed to miss a live game. At least I DVR'd it.

Winning a home game against Michigan doesn't change the fact that we do not have a PG, continue to have lapses (collapses) on D, a childish coach who thinks that motivation comes from yelling and screaming like a petulant little child, inexplicable losses against generally inferior teams, and an inability to MAKE the NCAA tournament.

Did you see the stats they were throwing up on the screen about this years 2nd half meltdowns?

Did you watch when Iowa was up 15 about 6 minutes into the 2nd half and then let Michigan pull within 5 without even a timeout called? In 6 minutes of clock we went from up 15 to up 5 and got bailed out by our C hitting a clutch 3-point shot. o_O

So no, the season is not saved and Fran still hasn't figured out how to actually coach or recruit. He did great after the crater that was left from alford and Lackluster but let's not kid ourselves.

I wouldn't disagree with any of this. However, being happy and talking about the win last night isn't mutually exclusive from the above take. We can do both.

6-5 in the B1G. Great win for sure, but the jury is still out based on what we've seen in the past. This could end up being Fran's most successful team. We'll know a lot more in 6 weeks.

Agreed. Beat the teams they should and it's a pretty dang good season. Another late season collapse won't sit well.

Person I went with to the game said it was top 5 ever attended in Carver. It was electric and loud in CHA.

Loud, obnoxious and proud to be a Hawkeye!
Wasn't posting cause I was at the game, some think I'm a negative poster but I try to be objective and give praise where it is due. First the crowd was great, I though it was great against Mich St too. Fran coached his ass off. His assistants were emotional. That Iowa Golden Girl was AMAZING! Wisecamp, Garza, Kreiner, JBo, make life without Cook and Moss next year nothing to be scared of. Gonna miss the Bear! He makes senior plays! Cook can make a lot of money overseas. Don't know if shooting jump hooks gets you a place in the League. Running our offense through Cook is questionable, he doesn't even draw a doubleteam anymore. Iowa needs to start rerouting the offense through Wisecamp. He doesn't touch the ball enough. Garza or Wisecamp need to touch the ball on every halfcount pocession. The finger pointing after a Wisecamp score between the Michigan players was Terrific! Opponents are gonna stop underestimating Jo's jumping ability and quickness soon. He will score 40 this season in a game, that's a prediction. Positive posts going forward, not saying we won't face a blow out on the road yet this season, hell we play at Whisky, Indiana, Maryland still, but we're playing with house money now. Bring it on!

It was a great win and it was nice to see the team stay consistent in the second half. Sure, Michigan went on a mini-run at one point to narrow the lead, but the Hawks fought right back and quickly made the lead double digits again. That type of resilience is something a lot of Fran teams have been missing for whatever reason. Our 5 losses are against #6 MSU (x2), @ #17 Purdue, #24 Wisconsin, and at unranked Minnesota. Only the Minnesota game can be argued as a "bad" loss, but even that was on the road in a venue where we historically struggle for some reason. Iowa has thus far avoided the true "bad" losses that have plagued past Fran teams. Hopefully the team can keep it going and take care of business like they've shown they're capable of doing!

That was a GREAT WIN and was nice to see Carver rocking! One of those games for the ages and one those in attendance will not forget. Am very happy for the Hawk players and coaches, nice to see them rewarded for their perseverance. Pretty easy to pull for these kids, no thugs, no big egos, they enjoy each other. When is the last time we had a team when 3 of the top scorers barely score and ya really didn't notice? Plus we got talent in street clothes. Even better times ahead as the growth is obvious. Joe W is a generational talent to build the future around. Will we ever win the BIG? Hope so, but only ONE(!) team does and ain't gonna stop cheering them on if we don't. If one can't get behind this Team and enjoy this season life must really be miserable...

Sorry, I was working outside in the cold this week. So I have been feeling sick inspite of the win. I have not had the energy to post much. Anyways I predicted that Iowa would win this game, I am happy to say that I was right, and many of the other Hawkeye “fans” were wrong!

Person I went with to the game said it was top 5 ever attended in Carver. It was electric and loud in CHA.

Loud, obnoxious and proud to be a Hawkeye!
The two announcers both sound like they have been around Iowa basketball as broadcasters and a player and they said it was louder than its been since mid/late 80's to mid 90's at CHA.

Sorry, I was working outside in the cold this week. So I have been feeling sick inspite of the win. I have not had the energy to post much. Anyways I predicted that Iowa would win this game, I am happy to say that I was right, and many of the other Hawkeye “fans” were wrong!
I hope you are ok, not having energy to move your thumbs........haha Hope you are well...just ribbing!

A GREAT WIN...but repeating success is the mark of a winner.

That is what we are all hoping for no matter what labels one wants to cast about among the fan base. Championship caliber playing, win or lose.

I enjoyed listening to what the Michigan coach had to say about Iowa, gracious in defeat. Well done.

A GREAT WIN-A GREAT WIN-A GREAT WIN!!!!!!
It's amazing what a good defensive effort will do. Still gave up some layups but just a hand in the face on the jumpers, contested 3's, great help on D and then help for the help in collapsing down from off ball. Its called team Defense and it made a huge difference. Not dominance. Just enough more to make opponent shooting % come down from Mt Olympus

My wife is selfish and she doe
giphy.gif
sn't want to share with anyone else.

Was at the game last night, fun time! The crowd was excellent...at least the non-students. The regulars I thought were much better than normal but the student section is pretty weak in my opinion. All they pretty much know how to do is the "OOOOOOOOHHHH" when we are on defense... and its a pretty weak one at that. They need some of us old timers to show em how its done.
I genuinely thought the crowd gave them a boost a few times when it looked like they were dragging a little and Michigan might make a run, Fran said that after the game too.

Joe W and Garze are definitely who we need to be running things through.
I would love to see Cook be a junkyard dog on defense and rebounding, but he just seems disinterested. Kreiner has less talent but outworked him all night. Cook is flatfooted on defense pretty regularly.
Though Fran coached a little better game last night, especially taking Cook out when he clearly wasn't getting it done.

It's amazing what a good defensive effort will do. Still gave up some layups but just a hand in the face on the jumpers, contested 3's, great help on D and then help for the help in collapsing down from off ball. Its called team Defense and it made a huge difference. Not dominance. Just enough more to make opponent shooting % come down from Mt Olympus
Good defense is a lot of work and attention to details. It is a difficult task to get the team (coaches) to buy into for the duration of a game or season. But the results are usually pretty amazing.

LOVE this team, FRAN, and it's GRIT!! Hoping this win turned a little corner for us!

If this team finishes strong, makes the Sweet 16 and everybody comes back...things will be looking good. It will also be an opportunity to hit the recruiting trail big time while the brand is hot. When the class of 2020 graduates, things get thin fast.

Winning a home game against Michigan doesn't change the fact that we do not have a PG, continue to have lapses (collapses) on D, a childish coach who thinks that motivation comes from yelling and screaming like a petulant little child, inexplicable losses against generally inferior teams, and an inability to MAKE the NCAA tournament.

Did you see the stats they were throwing up on the screen about this years 2nd half meltdowns?

Did you watch when Iowa was up 15 about 6 minutes into the 2nd half and then let Michigan pull within 5 without even a timeout called? In 6 minutes of clock we went from up 15 to up 5 and got bailed out by our C hitting a clutch 3-point shot. o_O

So no, the season is not saved and Fran still hasn't figured out how to actually coach or recruit. He did great after the crater that was left from alford and Lackluster but let's not kid ourselves.

Which inferior team has Iowa lost to this year? Give us an example of how screaming and yelling has cost this team a loss this season?

Latest posts