When was the loudest you have ever heard Kinnick?

I have to say it was the 2010 Iowa vs Wisconsin game. I think it was the 3rd down that "Sconny didn't convert with about 3-4 mins left in the 4th and we were up by 6 points. Granted, they converted on a fake punt, and we all know how that game ended up, but I think that was the loudest I have personally heard Kinnick. How bout you guys?

After beating Top 5 ranked Penn State two years in a row. The stadium went nuts after that kick.

Maybe they should put in a decible reader, that way we can know for sure. Obviously still speculation on past games, but it would be cool to know for the future.

2004 Wisconsin (big ten title clincher)
2009 Indiana
1990 Purdue (rose bowl clincher)
2002 Purdue

False, the '90 Purdue game was not the Rose Bowl clincher. Iowa did not clinch the Rose Bowl until Michigan beat O$U the following weekend. O$U would have gone to the Rose Bowl with a victory over Michigan.

Even with the loss to Minnesota, Iowa went to the Rose Bowl because O$U lost.

2004 Wisconsin (big ten title clincher)2009 Indiana1990 Purdue (rose bowl clincher)2002 Purdue
False, the '90 Purdue game was not the Rose Bowl clincher. Iowa did not clinch the Rose Bowl until Michigan beat O$U the following weekend. O$U would have gone to the Rose Bowl with a victory over Michigan. Even with the loss to Minnesota, Iowa went to the Rose Bowl because O$U lost.

Fair enough. It was my first ever game at Kinnick. I was 11 at the time. I was there with Boy Scouts as we were ushers. We had to usher through the first quarter and they let us watch the game at field level near the Iowa locker room which at the time was at the northeast end of the stadium. Late in the 4th quarter they had us form a human chain in an attempt to keep the crowd off the field. Shockingly, that failed and about 75 boy scouts were nearly trampled to death. The goal posts were torn down, roses were flying (which is why I remembered this as a clincher) good times.

Latest posts