When was the loudest you have ever heard Kinnick?

I've been to a lot of the games mentioned in this thread. There were some definitely loud moments, and the 2003 ASU game was loud the whole time. But I have to vote for Wisky in 2010. I brought a friend that had never been to an Iowa game, and after 2nd down I just said to her "wow" and showed her my goosebumps. She asked what and I said, "it's getting really loud in here." Then after third down when Greenwood picked off their pass and the crowd exploded to another level, I couldn't believe it. We kick the FG, and then the crowd gets even louder on the next possession for Wisky. To me, it had to be the loudest because I've never pointed out how loud it was to anyone at the time before, and I did this game. That tells me it's the loudest I'd ever heard it

The concrete underneath my feet at Kinnick was vibrating in the 4th against Wisconsin. Kinnick has never been louder than those Wisconsin 3rd downs in the 4th quarter that day. Never.

i do agree that the 2003 game was good for loudness.

loudest i've ever heard, and subsequently the quietest was the 1990 osu game when OSU won with seconds to go. that place was shaking, then you could have heard a pin drop. i was in the stadium, and the outcome was unbelievable.

i'd put that single moment up with any single moments as far as loudness (and crappy outcomes)

Game-winning last-second score - Iowa 1990 - YouTube

This^ Was incredibly loud and then got incredibly quiet.

For a road game also have to go with 90' up in the metrodome. Iowa got a warning from the officials for excessive crowd noise. Unfortunately we lost that game as well.

This might not have been the loudest game overall, but the single loudest moment I can remember in Kinnick was in 2003 vs. Minnesota. Abdul Kahliq was the quarterback and it was 3rd and long. So the crowd was already loud, but when Kahliq stepped back to audible, the crowd immediately pounced on this chance to get even louder and cranked it up about 5 notches and it just became deafening. I've never heard it so loud. Naturally they did not convert the 3rd down.

This^ Was incredibly loud and then got incredibly quiet.

For a road game also have to go with 90' up in the metrodome. Iowa got a warning from the officials for excessive crowd noise. Unfortunately we lost that game as well.

I remember that game. One of the strangest things I have ever seen where the visiting team gets warned for noise. Wish that was YouTubed.

and alcohol availability down.
From what I seen at the game there seems to be plenty of alcohol available.
Except no bota bags, 12 packs, and kegs are snuck in these days.

Kinnick seems the loudest on defense goalline stands and 3rd downs.
1985 Michitigan was very loud the whole game.
2010 Wisky game was over the top loud the whole 4th qtr, but for those 2 plays on 2nd and 3rd, before the fake punt, were as loud as I have ever heard any crowd!

Michigan 1985. Been to nearly every home game since. It has never been close. The stands were shaking that day. Utterly deafening.

The concrete underneath my feet at Kinnick was vibrating in the 4th against Wisconsin. Kinnick has never been louder than those Wisconsin 3rd downs in the 4th quarter that day. Never.

I was at that game. Were you at the mich game in 85? I beg to differ in a big way.

I've been to every home game in Kinnick since 02...2004 Wisconsin, and 2010 Wisconsin are probably the two loudest in my opinion....

I just remember in 04 it was deafening.

Right about here

flyover.jpg

I do not think it is possible that the 1985 Michigan game was the loudest. I think the stadium capacity has gone up since then.

Wrong, back then there was about 10 different types of tix used and I know the ones is used were fake. There was way more people In the crowd than there was seats. And you could sneak cases of beer in with ease and the level of inebriated fans was unreal. It was rowdy as all get out that day. I was there and it was far and away the most unbelievable obnoxious and loud I have ever heard. It was a sustained loudness too. Just unbelievable. I will never agree with anyone who says another game was louder. I have been to most games since and I can't think of one that comes close.

I disagree, I was at that Wisky game, and it didn't compare to how loud it got after Murray made that kick.

Both were loud but I'd give the nudge to Murray too. The Michigan game in 09 was awesome too, not because it was loud but because the entire staduim was singing BEPs. I was there for the Miami game in 92. Maybe I had enjoyed too much beer but I don't remember the noise level standing out.

Yes I was and every home game since. The Wisconsin game was louder

respectfully disagree

I was at the wisky game it may have approached the 85 loudness for a few downs...the 85 game was deafening for 4 quarters AND the crowd was flipping lit up like a torch..there were full bottles of whiskey and wine being passed around like the last supper.

Give me a break ! Bob Cumming's,Iowa team that beat UCLA at Kinnick,1975?We were terrible but still had 45,000 fans there.We tore down the goal posts.Alcohol was everywhere in the stands.

Michigan 1985. Been to nearly every home game since. It has never been close. The stands were shaking that day. Utterly deafening.

I have to agree,back then you were flagged for being to loud and Mich. was complaining to the refs a lot.

I have attended every home games since 1988.

For an entire game consistently, it was 2004 Wisconsin when we clinched the Big Ten championship.

I would say Michigan's last gasp drive in 2003 was probably the loudest I ever heard for a series of consecutive plays.

The loudest single moment was probably when Tolzien threw the pick in 2010 Wisconsin game, probably the most painful loss I have ever witnessed outside of 1990 Ohio State. Yes, even worse than 2002 ISU.

Anyone saying 2002 Purdue has a terrible memory or wasn't really there.

That game was not even a sellout and thousands of people had left early as it looked like Iowa was going to lose. There was MAYBE 55K people in the stands at the end. Nothing comparable to some of the packed houses that people have mentioned in this thread.

Anyone saying 2002 Purdue has a terrible memory or wasn't really there.

That game was not even a sellout and thousands of people had left early as it looked like Iowa was going to lose. There was MAYBE 55K people in the stands at the end. Nothing comparable to some of the packed houses that people have mentioned in this thread.

Da Coach:

Your last two posts were solid. I will even give you Purdue 2002. I took my Father to that game and to get the extra ticket, I had to sit in a different section. It might have just been insanely loud where we were. But, as I said, the person next to me was yelling to me and I couldn't even make out his voice, to say the least hear what he was saying.

I again don't want to give UM 2005. I was down in that endzone and UM had no problem running those plays. But the defensive stands for UM 2003 were insanely loud and the miracle B10 win in 2004 was really loud too.

Latest posts