When the NCAA tourney came, the Richmond Spider ended up the Hawkeyes *itch...official IA Richmond Game thread NCAA R1

I don't think it's necessarily anything I hang on Fran for the game, but there has to be a fallback to the style of play we play when the shots aren't dropping. Live by the 3 die by the 3. We're still giving up way to many lay easy baskets and IMO simply have to have the pieces to allow us to play inside when the perimeter game isn't there.
Pretty much. If the threes aren't falling, there's nothing. Iowa tried to drive to the paint, but every time a Richmond defender was right there, positioned perfectly. All game Iowa's drivers were forced to stop and toss it back out to the perimeter so Kris, Keegan, and JBo could clank another three attempt.

New NCAA tourney, same dogshit Iowa team. Offense playing in quicksand, defense gives up twenty layups. JBo, no show, Keegan, no show, Connor, Kris, Perkins, no shows.

This disappointment is right up there with Northwestern St., maybe even more.
That game was won by Iowa they made a perfect rebound and shot to beat us. This game was lost. Keegan should have been put in the low block and stopped from shooting, literally shot us out of the game, him and Kris. Patrick was the lone bright spot, had a chance to take a early lead and coast, instead missed everything. Everyone was cold. I’m so sad right now feel like we’re gonna lose Keegan and got a regional title for him. Iowa is so due for a run but might never see one in my lifetime again.

dont think i can watch anymore games today
yeah, I am out. I think I am going to download some audiobooks and catch up on some tv shows. a super buzz kill...I have no interest in watching anymore basketball.

I don't think it's necessarily anything I hang on Fran for the game, but there has to be a fallback to the style of play we play when the shots aren't dropping. Live by the 3 die by the 3. We're still giving up way to many lay easy baskets and IMO simply have to have the pieces to allow us to play inside when the perimeter game isn't there.
Agree......it was the other thing that worried me.....Iowa's lack of having a big man. But, I really thought maybe we could get by with that for a little while considering how well we played Purdue.

It is what it is. No excuse for this piss poor performance but I was completely wrong about this team. So, until next year...
In the meantime, PLEASE COME BACK KEEGAN!

It is what it is. No excuse for this piss poor performance but I was completely wrong about this team. So, until next year...
In the meantime, PLEASE COME BACK KEEGAN!
That may be one good thing. Keegan got a bit exposed, mostly strength wise.

I don't think we can pin this on any Iowa player or the coaching staff, I think it is a combo of three things,1) Richmond played outstanding D, 2) its hard to get an inside game going when your 3 don't drop and some of that was Richmonds D and some just the way it goes sometimes 3) I knew it was a bad omen when they were over celebratory after the big ten tournament, they should have had the attitude this is great but it isn't that great because our goal is to make the final 4. Richmond was excited to win today yet not overboard like Iowa was winning the big ten tournament. I also feel so much distraction by these players on social media. They didn't seem entirely locked in in the days preceding the game yet that is my subjective observation.

... oh...and can Patty McCaff get some strength and learn how to dribble with his head up and facing the offense? MAYBE learn how to defend??

I don't think we can pin this on any Iowa player or the coaching staff, I think it is a combo of three things,1) Richmond played outstanding D, 2) its hard to get an inside game going when your 3 don't drop and some of that was Richmonds D and some just the way it goes sometimes 3) I knew it was a bad omen when they were over celebratory after the big ten tournament, they should have had the attitude this is great but it isn't that great because our goal is to make the final 4. Richmond was excited to win today yet not overboard like Iowa was winning the big ten tournament. I also feel so much distraction by these players on social media. They didn't seem entirely locked in in the days preceding the game yet that is my subjective observation.
Ya, I didn't like that JBo was bringing up old twitter posts and trying to settle old scores.

Sadly, he will probably be burned ever more today on there.

Latest posts