When the dust settles at the end of the season, Lick may be the BTCOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
I truly believe that Lickliter is going to be in the running for the Big Ten Coach of the Year. It will likely go to Painter, Izzo, or Tubby, but I think Lick is going to be one that is going to turn some heads with this team.

I'm not saying conf champ or close to that - but what the coaching staff will be able to do with this team will open some eyes... we will not finish 11th like the media and some fans expect.

I truly believe that Lickliter is going to be in the running for the Big Ten Coach of the Year. It will likely go to Painter, Izzo, or Tubby, but I think Lick is going to be one that is going to turn some heads with this team.

I'm not saying conf champ or close to that - but what the coaching staff will be able to do with this team will open some eyes... we will not finish 11th like the media and some fans expect.

Boy I sure hope you are right. If he has a team that will listen to him this year, that very well could happen. People are going to be real surprised at Tucker.

We ight get luck and win a game or 2 in conference spank.........but the likelihood of a winless bigten season for the hawks is looming!

Sorry but I don't see it. I believe that Lick will be dusting off his resume. I hope I am wrong but it is what it is and it isn't getting better.

I agree that this team will be at least slightly better than expected but I don't know if I'll go as far as put Lick in the running for BTCOTY (but I like the optimism!).

PeoriaHWKI I have to disagree I don't see lick getting laid off and dusting off his resume no matter what happens this year. His top recruiting class is coming in next year and we only have Bawinkel graduating. At least I think they'll give him another year. We'll see what happens!

Lick has a lot of contract security with this only being his 3rd year of a 7 year deal.
No way Iowa makes a move on him at least til after year 5...and probably not even then. Iowa just does not fire coaches. They might not renew his deal after year 7 but they will not fire him. Last coach they fired in a major sport? Bob Commings in 1977...32 years ago.

Lick is safe even if Iowa does not get out of the cellar the next 4 years, but would probably not be renewed after his deal is up.

Iowa is horrible in basketball under Lickliter. It was mediocre under Alford. If Lickliter doesn't get this turned around by year 4 he will be gone. The fans have spoken. We don't like his boring style of play and losing a record number of games. 6334 season tickets sold. Good luck to Barta and Klatt on not offering $10 tickets again to get a sellout.

Well aren't you just a Peach.

Iowa is horrible in basketball under Lickliter. It was mediocre under Alford. If Lickliter doesn't get this turned around by year 4 he will be gone. The fans have spoken. We don't like his boring style of play and losing a record number of games. 6334 season tickets sold. Good luck to Barta and Klatt on not offering $10 tickets again to get a sellout.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with basketball, but do you have a problem with Ferentz' "boring" style of play? I'm sure we could bring in somebody to run the spread and be a 4-4 team right now or something if you wanted.

COY for Lick.. Please pass me some of that Kool-Aid.. OOOOO YAAAAAAAAA..

How many wins does it take for him to be in the running? What does it say about our program if we finish in the bottom half and he wins COY? Not a chance this year but we'll talk in another year.

If Iowa finishes 11th, a pretty fair bet all things considering, and attendance stays flat or falls, I'd guess a way will be found to make a change, regardless of Lick's contract status.

If Iowa finishes 11th, a pretty fair bet all things considering, and attendance stays flat or falls, I'd guess a way will be found to make a change, regardless of Lick's contract status.

And I'd say you are wrong. Not that thats not what you would want, but it aint gonna happen

And I'd say you are wrong. Not that thats not what you would want, but it aint gonna happen

I'd be happy to be wrong, I don't enjoy the program struggling. But IF we finish 11th and attendance is disappointing, I don't think I will be. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts