Is Iowa destined to be Little Brother?

longtimer

Clones had another very good year last year and every preseason poll I have seen has them in the 10 with some in the Top 5 next year. Hawks are looking at working to be in top 10 in conference play. whats it going to take to change that?
Seems to me there are 5 categories Coaching, Recruiting, Tradition, Venue and NIL At this point one could argue we are not winning any of those categories.

Really stinks to see Clones have so much success and Iowa struggle to move out of the grip of mediocrity but if an Iowa State can do it i see no reason why Iowa can't. I hope this new AD gets aggressive to change things

Clones had another very good year last year and every preseason poll I have seen has them in the 10 with some in the Top 5 next year. Hawks are looking at working to be in top 10 in conference play. whats it going to take to change that?
Seems to me there are 5 categories Coaching, Recruiting, Tradition, Venue and NIL At this point one could argue we are not winning any of those categories.

Really stinks to see Clones have so much success and Iowa struggle to move out of the grip of mediocrity but if an Iowa State can do it i see no reason why Iowa can't. I hope this new AD gets aggressive to change things

Iowa has a great coach, in fact, the best one they've had in decades - they have 2 of the best recruits Iowa has had in a long long time coming in, they have proven development from the coaching staff. They have more wins over the last decade than ISU. Last years class produced the Freshman of the Year in the B1G and they are going to bring back a guy who's sniffing around the NBA drafts 2nd round. They also bring back Josh Dix who played the 2nd half of the season as well as any G in the country and kept it's entire roster in tack sans Bowen who wasn't going to play anyways and 2 guys who had been in Iowa City since before Covid that clearly weren't the answer for Iowa Basketball

Carver is trash - what can we do about it? Nothing - it will never be Hilton.
Tradition? Iowa has traditionally been terrible at basketball, especially the last 30 years but has made a lot of progress over the last, say 10.
NIL - Iowa needs people to care about Iowa basketball and they need people to do it with dollars.
They will likely destroy ISU on their home court this season

Also, try and think for yourself sometimes. Every season Iowa is picked to be bad in the conference, every season they perform above that expectation, even last season after they lost a ton of talent. Most people had them in the bottom 4 year, including Andy Katz, Doug Gottlieb and some other ESPN guys I read - they finished 7th. Iowa has finished in the top half of the B1G in 11 of the last 12 seasons - they are going to finish in the top half again this year and if you don't think so then you are not really paying attention or being objective based on stats, history, returning players etc.

Oh yeah, ISU is good at basketball too. So there's that. Fran is 6-7 vs. ISU, so it's not like he can't beat em straight up. Oh yeah, our football team has a mighty advantage over them too and they're about to start playing in the minors.

Also, I realize you are an ISU fan, you make a post every few months stating the same shit over and over, like there's anything we can do about it. We get it, you love ISU and really want them to do well

Latest posts