When is Drew Ott red shirt announcement?

Who the hell knows why is there a thread on this until we know. People find something else to talk about until then. For the love of God.

Who the hell knows why is there a thread on this until we know. People find something else to talk about until then. For the love of God.

So you troll old threads that people haven't posted on in days and somehow THEY are the ones who need something better to do?

I was listening to talk sports radio yesterday on the am dial and the station, I believe a des moines area station, was indicating that the lean was toward Ott getting the extra year. Something like odds closer to 60% and used a michigan player's case as a good sign that Ott would get the extra year. Nothing definitive but something that pushed the reporter and hawkeye staff to being more optimistic.

Feb 22-23

The Big Ten’s six-member academics and eligibility subcommittee, which includes Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta, decides Ott’s case. The subcommittee next is scheduled to meet Feb. 22-23, 2016 in Rosemont, Ill.
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/iowas-ott-petitions-for-medical-red-shirt-20151124

Well, tomorrow's the 22nd, so...

Cbwfmv3UAAAo4Ap.jpg

I just have to say, I am way too emotionally invested in this. I feel more anxious than I do for actual games. The guy's college career was bitten by so much bad luck, and I think Drew's post-college career prospects would be lifted so much by allowing him to have the chance to finish a full college season next year.

The value he could add to the team is so much less important to me that the fact that this would be the just and right thing to do. Please do the right thing, B1G.

I just have to say, I am way too emotionally invested in this. I feel more anxious than I do for actual games. The guy's college career was bitten by so much bad luck, and I think Drew's post-college career prospects would be lifted so much by allowing him to have the chance to finish a full college season next year.

The value he could add to the team is so much less important to me that the fact that this would be the just and right thing to do. Please do the right thing, B1G.

What's ridiculous about this whole thing, to me, is that it seems like there's around a 50/50 chance of him getting to return to Iowa. Add to that the fact that its the B1G that makes the decision, not the NCAA, and then ask yourself this: Is it good for the B1G to have Drew Ott return to Iowa?

Seems like a no-brainer

As mentioned in the most recent HN podcast, he can still appeal to the NCAA in a scenario where the BIG gives a no vote. Miller/Howe believe he would exercise that right to appeal.

So I understand that the B10 conference gets to decide, at least initially, but who in the B10 conference makes that decision? Is it the coaches or is it conference officials/big wigs?

I would think that the conference would want him to come back because they want their teams to be as strong as possible. As long as they can justify him being granted the redshirt (which it seems like they could because his playing time is right in that gray area). Obviously if it's the coaches that help make the decision then they may not want Ott back if they have to face the Hawks.

Anyone know who exactly makes the decision?

So I understand that the B10 conference gets to decide, at least initially, but who in the B10 conference makes that decision? Is it the coaches or is it conference officials/big wigs?

I would think that the conference would want him to come back because they want their teams to be as strong as possible. As long as they can justify him being granted the redshirt (which it seems like they could because his playing time is right in that gray area). Obviously if it's the coaches that help make the decision then they may not want Ott back if they have to face the Hawks.

Anyone know who exactly makes the decision?
That's just it. I don't think anyone does.. It's another Wizard of Oz type of thing. Nobody knows who the man or men behind the curtain are. I bet regardless of decision there'll be no reasoning/explanation given. Just a yay or nay and it'll be appealed by Ott if it's a no. It's so dumb. To leave a young mans future up in the air like this for as long as it's been is pretty ridiculous.