When does the shoe drop on the OC?

"Weren’t we like 0-9 on third down attempts at one time in this game? What was the final stat?"

Finished 0-11 in 3rd down conversations.
Saw that shortly after the game. Has anyone ever said how many games have been won let alone bowl games with that for a stat (along with 0-2 on 4th downs)? And then won by shutout 21-0. That can't be a very long list of teams....

I've heard that rumor too... Makes way more sense then him coming to Iowa from Bama... I mean Unless he wants to bring Proctor back with him ;)

The only reason for a guy like him to go to Iowa is to turn it around immediately and then get an elite HC job again. Maybe Oklahoma. But he would have a big load of work at Iowa.

Saw that shortly after the game. Has anyone ever said how many games have been won let alone bowl games with that for a stat (along with 0-2 on 4th downs)? And then won by shutout 21-0. That can't be a very long list of teams....
You're right, that would be an amazing stat. I got that info from an in-game app.

I usually use NCAA and CFBSTATS.COM for info, but would have to pay to dig deeper. Maybe someone else has a site to go to look deeper.

However, I did see on cfpstats.com that Iowa is third from last in third down conversions for 2022. They are ranked nationally 129 out of 131. And, out of 176 attempts they converted only 49 times for a 27.8%. YOW!

Iowa 21. Kentucky 0.
You can’t be serious. The Iowa offense was inept as ever with a Kentucky team with numerous opt outs and little motivation. Once again, defense was stellar against an average opponent (gave up 81 to osu/mich). Defense outscored the offense once again. It’s unprecedented how many times that’s happened.

Odd thing is, this game looked and felt so familiar. Most fans would say 'wow what an odd game, how did we ever win?" We Iowa fans saw it for neary every game. An inept offense that when it gets an explosive play or a first down we rejoice! We stand up, walk around the room, pump a fist and hitch up our trousers.

Watching other teams move the ball is ... fun.

Well, I for one believe, with every rational part of my brain, that there will be a change. Not because the scheme, or the yardage but because they did not evaluate, recruit, and develop players. They did not manage the roster on the offseaon as they needed to. This was the foundational reason why BF should be relieved as the OC.

Brian was correct when he said, ' I did the best I could with the pieces I had'. I know thats the truth. He was miscast as QB coach and OC. Good man and probably a good coach. Just a guy in a $900M a year job that should not be in that job. when paid 2x a month his gross paycheck is over $37K. I expect deep expertise in all aspects of the job -

Last edited:
You can’t be serious. The Iowa offense was inept as ever with a Kentucky team with numerous opt outs and little motivation. Once again, defense was stellar against an average opponent (gave up 81 to osu/mich). Defense outscored the offense once again. It’s unprecedented how many times that’s happened.
Is my post not correct? Please send me the accurate score, then. Thanks!

We had our third string QB out there taking his first ever live snaps against a pretty solid front for Kentucky. Labas looked decent as he started to settle in. He didn't do anything to lose us the game. I was pretty happy with it.

Look at the bright side. You never have to watch that offense again. It will be totally different next year. If they solve the line problems we'll win 10 games and you'll complain that we didn't win 12.

We had our third string QB out there taking his first ever live snaps against a pretty solid front for Kentucky. Labas looked decent as he started to settle in. He didn't do anything to lose us the game. I was pretty happy with it.

Look at the bright side. You never have to watch that offense again. It will be totally different next year. If they solve the line problems we'll win 10 games and you'll complain that we didn't win 12.
Has anyone ever seen you and huck in the same room? The low expectations I simply cannot and won’t lower myself to. The fact that you do is quite alarming to ne, but I guess to each their own. I will say this, under Ferentz, iowa has never won due to its offense and the defense is overrated against quality competition. They literally gave up over 80 to ohio st and Michigan but the offense has always been challenging

Has anyone ever seen you and huck in the same room? The low expectations I simply cannot and won’t lower myself to. The fact that you do is quite alarming to ne, but I guess to each their own. I will say this, under Ferentz, iowa has never won due to its offense and the defense is overrated against quality competition. They literally gave up over 80 to ohio st and Michigan but the offense has always been challenging

What do you get out of having "high expectations" for Iowa athletics? Expectations plus Iowa athletics is just a recipe to feel like you got kicked in the nuts. Iowa football cannot win 3 big games in a row. It just can't. I love 'em, though.

What do you get out of having "high expectations" for Iowa athletics? Expectations plus Iowa athletics is just a recipe to feel like you got kicked in the nuts. Iowa football cannot win 3 big games in a row. It just can't. I love 'em, though.
We are talking about two entirely different things. You are talking about not letting yourself down knowing they aren’t good enough so why have the expectation. That’s the complete definition of having under expectation syndrome. I believe in holding coaches accountable just like players are held accountable. In this case, the performance as well as philosophy. In both camps, he’s a longtime fail for me. I don’t fear hiring a worse coach because that’s in line with having accountability for the AD. You simply hire better. The right AD will eventually get it right and if not, you have the wrong AD

You don’t understand how college football works in 2022. You have no concept of the dynamics that keep all but 4-5 teams out of contention every year.

Latest posts