When does the shoe drop on the OC?

Who cares! It’s a W!
I care.
0-11 third down conversions in the final game of a season where we were 128/131 teams in third down conversions is neither success or progress. It should be real cause for concern for the state of the program and we should all care.

I care.
0-11 third down conversions in the final game of a season where we were 128/131 teams in third down conversions is neither success or progress. It should be real cause for concern for the state of the program and we should all care.
You really think that I don’t understand the total failure of our offense. Wow. But it won’t stop me from celebrating a bowl game win for the hard working players, especially the senior leadership. I saw the tears in the eyes of two of our Captains, as well as our head coach. Guess you missed that.

You really think that I don’t understand the total failure of our offense. Wow. But it won’t stop me from celebrating a bowl game win for the hard working players, especially the senior leadership. I saw the tears in the eyes of two of our Captains, as well as our head coach. Guess you missed that.
Within the subject thread speculating on the demise of the Iowa OC, you responded to a post pointing out the continued dismal state of our offense and excellence of our defense and special teams with " who cares? ".
hawkinstl said:
I'll elabrate for you.

Iowa defense 14
Iowa offense with a short field 7.

Iowa 21 Kentucky 0

The defense plus special teams was top level.
Who cares! It’s a W!

I was just responding to your question.
Win or lose, I care this is the unsustainable state of the Hawkeye football program.

1672745491041.png

Last edited:
Within the subject thread speculating on the demise of the Iowa OC, you responded to a post pointing out the continued dismal state of our offense and excellence of our defense and special teams with " who cares? ".

Who cares! It’s a W!

Win or lose, I care this is the unsustainable state of the Hawkeye football program.

View attachment 9739

You know how you make that stool stable? Good legs. Punter and kicker. Bam. Problem solved.

Who cares! It’s a W!

View attachment 9739
You just don’t get it. If you had followed my posts, you would quickly discover that I have been highly critical of everything that is Iowa’s offense. But I refuse to downplay a victory when the players and coaches are rewarded. Save your criticism for losses and overall performance, rather than implying that a win in a Bowl game doesn’t count.

You just don’t get it. If you had followed my posts, you would quickly discover that I have been highly critical of everything that is Iowa’s offense. But I refuse to downplay a victory when the players and coaches are rewarded. Save your criticism for losses and overall performance, rather than implying that a win in a Bowl game doesn’t count.
I implied no such thing.
This thread IS about criticizing overall performance. Not cheerleading about one individual game.