What's your guess?

codydez

Who does everyone think will be the next iowa defensive coordinator? Bragging right to whoever guesses correct!

I am starting to wonder if KF is going to hire from within. I am sure KF and the rest of the staff has known for awhile that Norm was done. If KF thought Parker or Wilson were the guy, wouldn't he have made it a done deal and announced them as the successor now? Why wait? I think he goes outside for the hire.

I will say Aiken. If I am right, I will be very, very happy. I have heard him speak at clinics, and he is phenomenal. Very down to earth, soft and well spoken, high character family guy. If I remember correctly, he often had his son(s) with him at the clinics. I think this guy is the closest thing you will find to a KF.

He has NFL experience, so I think as a recruiter he would be unbelievable. I will probably get ripped for this, but he is African-American, which is important for every staff both as a coach and a recruiter.

Lastly, I think it has been apparent that Iowa's DL has progressively gotten worse after he left. I have heard many times that Aiken was the best assistant on the staff while at Iowa, and his DL production proved it. Just another benefit to his getting hired.

My wishlist would be Stoops or Aiken, but since change scares the **** outta Ferentz, I'm sure it will be Parker. God forbid we try to shake things up a bit. I think Phil likes vanilla just as much as Norm... I think it's time for a completely different flavor!

My wishlist would be Stoops or Aiken, but since change scares the **** outta Ferentz, I'm sure it will be Parker. God forbid we try to shake things up a bit. I think Phil likes vanilla just as much as Norm... I think it's time for a completely different flavor!

You could wait until after the new coordinator is announced to get angry about the decision.

Phil Parker for d-coordinator,and LeVarr Woods to be hired as a defensive coach to fill the void.

I am starting to wonder if KF is going to hire from within. I am sure KF and the rest of the staff has known for awhile that Norm was done. If KF thought Parker or Wilson were the guy, wouldn't he have made it a done deal and announced them as the successor now? Why wait? I think he goes outside for the hire.

Pretty simple, really. When a great man leaves, you don't immediately announce his replacement. Give a couple of days, or week, so that he can bask in the unadulterated, unshared spotlight.

Then you come back in about 7 days with the eventual hire that literally every single person that follows Iowa football even semi-closely has known was coming for at least the last 5 or 6 years, whenever the last time it was that PP turned down a MAC DC job.

I hope it's an outside hire.... I wasn't impressed with the job the coordinators did filling in for norm last year, especially with the talent we had on defense

I have said this before as a criticism of how KF handled last year. By not appointing a clear DC last year, he handcuffed his defense. So it isn't really a fair criticism to use last year as an example.

Try this, set up a series of important immediate decisions that need to be based on continually changing conditions. Then, make ten of these decisions on you own and then have a committee try to make the next ten. See what works better. Point being? Committees are good for decisions that have time to engage a group decision making process, no way you can do it effectively in 30 seconds or less.

So, when the committee can't actually make a decision in the allotted time frame, they have to go with a generic operating system that can limit risk across all areas evenly.

That is what Iowa got last year when KF refused to name an interim DC and why it looked so different when one person was making the calls during the Insight.

So, just like it isn't fair to judge Wilson by what has happened on ST the last couple if years, because he has had to cover LB, ST, and a chunk of the DC roll, it isn't fair to judge Parker by the DC by committee thing.

I think with Parker the biggest question is who takes over the DB's?

I say KF should make KOK the DC. Nobody stops offenses with lots of talent like him. I've seen him do it for 13 years.

Latest posts