What's WHO going to do with Soundoff?

Unless I'm mistaken I believe I just heard that Travis Justice and Ross Peterson will be doing it.

Should be fun listening to Travis Justice get into it with a bunch of drunks after yet another underachieving loss.

What I just love about these shows is the stupidity of the callers.

Host: We have John for Center city, Hello you're on Soundoff:

John: Hello?

Host: Go ahead john

Host: Hello John

John: Hi

Host: John?

John: Can you hear me?

Host: Youre on John

John: How you guys doing tonight?

Host: (now anoyed) Fine John..

John: I just had a comment on the Iowa football team

long pause...

Host: Go on

John: Well my daughter and I have been going to the games for 34 years. She (where she went to school). I was a (what I do for a living). And we always park at the... And we love the hawks, but I just don't understand why they made that call down there on the 34 yard line in the 3rd quarter......

(13th caller to ask why they made that call down there on the 34 yard line in the 3rd quarter)

Listener: shakes head, sits back in chair.

This was spot on except for one thing..."John from Center City" despite already being announced as "John from Center City" would announce to the world (again) that "This is John? From Center City?" and THEN continue with his mind numbing insight as stated above. :D

By the way, I like the idea of Ross and Travis doing the show with Ed...Travis might be just as drunk as the fans by the time the show hits the air which could be AWESOME and Ross has really done a great job becoming an almost accidental on-air personality as he's really added to the T n T Show since becoming the full-time producer.

By the way, I like the idea of Ross and Travis doing the show with Ed...Travis might be just as drunk as the fans by the time the show hits the air which could be AWESOME and Ross has really done a great job becoming an almost accidental on-air personality as he's really added to the T n T Show since becoming the full-time producer.

I just don't see Travis' immature humor going over well after a tough hawks loss.

EDIT: I'm all for Ross and Eddy and bringing in 1 more but I don't think Travis is the guy.

I just don't see Travis' immature humor going over well after a tough hawks loss.

EDIT: I'm all for Ross and Eddy and bringing in 1 more but I don't think Travis is the guy.

I was surprised that Travis got the nod...I figured if they were going with Ross that they might also pull in Andrew Downs as well.

What I just love about these shows is the stupidity of the callers.

Host: We have John for Center city, Hello you're on Soundoff:

Host: Go ahead john

Host: Hello John

John: Hi

Host: John?

John: Can you hear me?

Host: Youre on John

John: How you guys doing tonight?

Host: (now anoyed) Fine John..

John: I just had a comment on the Iowa football team

long pause...

Host: Go on

John: Well my daughter and I have been going to the games for 34 years. She (where she went to school). I was a (what I do for a living). And we always park at the... And we love the hawks, but I just don't understand why they made that call down there on the 34 yard line in the 3rd quarter......

(13th caller to ask why they made that call down there on the 34 yard line in the 3rd quarter)

Listener: shakes head, sits back in chair.

These are great calls. I also like the guys who call in from some town I've never heard of and say "I was talking to the head football coach over at the high school and he told me that he has a left guard who is good enough to play at Iowa but the staff isn't recruiting him so can you comment on that?"

For the record I'm not totally certain about Travis Justice. I know Ross Peterson is in for sure, and I thought I heard Justice mentioned. I just had 1460 on in the background at work. Someone might want to confirm that.

For the record I'm not totally certain about Travis Justice. I know Ross Peterson is in for sure, and I thought I heard Justice mentioned. I just had 1460 on in the background at work. Someone might want to confirm that.

Confirmed.

I got an email from Van Harden that said simply:

Ed Podolak, Ross Peterson and Travis Justice.

Van

who tv has verified this during the 6 pm sports yesterdaY.

Is it a good sign when both of the new announced hosts of Soundoff predict Iowa will lose to ISU?

Well, it tells you quite a bit. The clones have the better head coach and DC. But Iowa will have so much advantage O-Line vs Isu D-Line. I think that's where the game is won. Heck, that's where almost every college game is won. Yet, I can understand why folks would predict an Isu win.

Well, it tells you quite a bit. The clones have the better head coach and DC. But Iowa will have so much advantage O-Line vs Isu D-Line. I think that's where the game is won. Heck, that's where almost every college game is won. Yet, I can understand why folks would predict an Isu win.

I doubt Zabel would have ever predicted ISU over Iowa no matter how bad Iowa was.

I doubt Zabel would have ever predicted ISU over Iowa no matter how bad Iowa was.

Nobody loved Zabel more than me. He could have said they'd win the NC and I still would have had respect for him. With the new boys, though, I'd like them to be rational instead of kool aid drinkers.

Hawks fans are going to want to kill Travis after this season. He's an idiot and will make life miserable after a loss.

There also needs to be a hang-up rule if the caller mispronounces Kirk's name.

I can tolerate Ross, because he is knowledgeable. However, I'm not sure what they were thinking with Justice. Both men I imagine are very cheap.

Justice will p!ss off a lot of people.

But it will be entertaining.

And all that I really ask from entertainment is to be entertained.

images

Is Ross going to have to give up his season tickets in order to host SoundOff? Or will they let him remote from Iowa City?

Just get a radio guy who won't say, coach ferENTZ...BECAUSE....half the callers on Soundoff can't pronounce Fernentz.

(my appologies - forgot to work that one into the prototypical call above)