What we can't talk about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you just say whatever it is that you're talking about? If this thread is about not being able to talk about things, you're not making a very good argument by beating around the bush.

Exactly, there have been WAY too many "i'm hearing bad things" threads with no specifics. If an anonymous poster is afraid to post them on a message board, we can only assume the rumor is baseless and should be taken down. If you like the Hawkeye football program, it's not wise to smear it in public without cause.

Exactly, there have been WAY too many "i'm hearing bad things" threads with no specifics. If an anonymous poster is afraid to post them on a message board, we can only assume the rumor is baseless and should be taken down. If you like the Hawkeye football program, it's not wise to smear it in public without cause.

It's similar to a 4th grade girl saying (I know something you don't know!" and then snickering and running away.

If you know something, say it. One of three things will happen.

1. The thread gets taken down.
2. You're proven right.
3. You're proven wrong.

If you're wrong, you're just anonymous internet message board guy. If you're right, you must know something.

This junior high, mickey mouse BS has gotten old over these last couple weeks.

It's similar to a 4th grade girl saying (I know something you don't know!" and then snickering and running away.

If you know something, say it. One of three things will happen.

1. The thread gets taken down.
2. You're proven right.
3. You're proven wrong.

If you're wrong, you're just anonymous internet message board guy. If you're right, you must know something.

This junior high, mickey mouse BS has gotten old over these last couple weeks.

Exactly I'm comfortable with what I've heard...I have no specifics to offer...but I'm fairly confident that a situation like what I posted is going to take place. You can make your own decision.

Some of the things that have been posted on here, citing names and damaging allegations, people are saying they are hearing from their twitter friends, or a buddy in Iowa City.

Not gonna fly here.

Burden of proof is on law enforcement. We have a sealed investigation.

No website I preside over is going to allow potentially innocent people to get their names besmirched, and worse.

In the event some things come out later that name names, allegations, etc, things that are on the record, then there will be plenty of time for discussion.

Exactly, there have been WAY too many "i'm hearing bad things" threads with no specifics.

Yup, and the reason being is most people are just assuming since there is one, there has to be more. I am not saying that is illogical, but it sure as hell isn't grounds to post some of the stuff I have seen posted, on this website.

Most of its just pure speculation.

hawkfaninTX - If there are any other players that put themselves in a position that could end up getting them banned from the bowl game then so be it. I don't care who they are at this point.

We will field a team without them. This time we may actually have a team that shows up to play unlike the team we fielded for the Minnesota game. If they are underclassmen or unexperienced so be it. We will field a team of players who deserve to play. I say go ahead and buy your tickets!

I have plenty to comment on, but you are damned if you do damned if you don't. I was back in Iowa City Friday & Saturday and have two different groups of friends that corroborated my doubts on the different rumors. Their "position" with me could not be improved by lying. And their demeanor was very normal.

Some of the stuff is potentially libelous, too. That, and it's wholly unfair.

Just ask yourself a simple question: If you were living in the same house or apartment complex as someone else, and there were drugs being dealt from one unit, and people were assuming to the degree of talking about it in public that you were doing it too, yet you were not, you probably wouldnt like it.

That's how I choose to deal with things like this, and its not a new policy...its 11 years old.

I can understand Jon not wanting to answer questions. He has a position he would like to keep. .

It has very, very little to do with that. Not saying that is not a part of the evaluation process on how I have chosen to handle things, but its more about fairness, and trying to stick as much to traditional standards of mass communication as possible, things that were drilled into me in college.

That, and I just think its the right thing to do.

I have been very revealing with who I am to try to add validity to my posts. My picture is my avatar for a reason- I do not like hiding behind a veil of anonymity. So with that being so, I have just as much to lose as a Jon Miller.

I have been very revealing with who I am to try to add validity to my posts. My picture is my avatar for a reason- I do not like hiding behind a veil of anonymity. So with that being so, I have just as much to lose as a Jon Miller.

That's good, and in a perfect world every screen name would be someone's real name.

Still, you have no idea if what your friends have told you is close to being accurate, 70% accurate, 80% accurate, or what.

Anything less than 100% accuracy just isnt going to fly, here, with the subject matter being speculated upon.

My connections are former players, & people that lived with those players. I will not share who they are for the same reasons why "Joe Schad" & "Tim Kirchin" do not reveal their sources - because they then will no longer be sources! We can both act within our own ares of influence.

My connections are former players, & people that lived with those players. I will not share who they are for the same reasons why "Joe Schad" & "Tim Kirchin" do not reveal their sources - because they then will no longer be sources! We can both act within our own ares of influence.

If you have so much to offer in the way of new/deep info into the current Hawkeye FB program and it's affairs, you should start your own website and populate it with all the inside scoop you claim to have.
Failing that, you should probably zip it.

Nevermind, too much sensitivity. Earlier in the thread Edhightower gave me what I was looking for. I just wanted to get some reassurance. (this is me "double-checking" what I had believed to be true from my sources)

so what we've learned is that this thread was created by HawkfaninTX so he could later post about all the ex-players and people who lived with those players that he knows- ok bro thats cool- you need to feel needed- it's all good :)

Nevermind, too much sensitivity. Earlier in the thread Edhightower gave me what I was looking for. I just wanted to get some reassurance. (this is me "double-checking" what I had believed to be true from my sources)

Dr. Freud says hi, 'shorty'.

Status
Not open for further replies.