What was your favorite play from the MSU game?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Ton of highlights...

- McNutt left handed snag over the shoulder.
- Sash's lateral to Hyde on the INT TD return
- Stanzi 30 yd run w/ nice block from ARob on Jones
- ARob getting free from Jones on the TD pass (great hands from a RB)

My favorite, though, was Tyler Sash's block he threw on a punt return. I don't remember the exact time or quarter, but he absolutely laid out an MSU player. It was fantastic.

Other than not spilling when I poured my flask of Crown into my 16-oz of Diet Coke....it was A-Rob's block on Jones that sprung Stanzi to his 1st-down run. Set the tone for "in your face MSU."

A lot to choose, but i will go with the timeouts to end the 1st half.

Last edited:
Dont get fancy here...not only was the Sash to Hyde lateral an epic moment in Kinnick history, it also put Iowa up 17-0 and basically ended the game.

Definitely A-Rob's block on Jones. That play really summed up the entire day. Almost hated to see it happen to Jones, as he's one of those players that I just love to watch, but it really did set the tone. A-Rob continues to find new ways to impress me, it's amazing!

For me it was when they were talking about Norm and showing him in the pressbox. As they were talking about Norm they cut to show the play and Prater got the interception. They showed a replay of just Norm reacting to the Interception..

Nothing more fitting!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dont get fancy here...not only was the Sash to Hyde lateral an epic moment in Kinnick history, it also put Iowa up 17-0 and basically ended the game.
Trust me, when that happened, I said to my wife - "I don't think I've ever seen a more insane play from Iowa's D ever." I loved it. I'm just saying my favorite play (or better yet, player action) was Sash's block. He Yanda'ed that guy.

I appreciate the love for all the plays listed. But Sash->Hyde will be remembered for a long long time.

Sash to Hyde was sweet, but I was listening on the radio in the car at the time. Of the plays that I actually saw, I would go with A-Rob's block on Jones.

I like the McNutt TD pass in the 3rd qtr. You play all out for 3 qtrs and then if your up 3 or more TDs you can start playing the clock in the 4th. If your not up that many then you keep the on their throat.

A-robs block on jones was amazing, the mcnutt catch was spectacular and the stanzi td to a-rob was a thing of beauty!! I hope to see more!!

I'm going to have to go with the Sash to Hyde play like a lot of people. A lot of different emotions went through me at that time. Excitement then an "oh crap" moment when he threw it back to Hyde then back to excitement then utter jubilation! Does anybody have a link or video of the highlights? I wasn't having much luck locating a compilation of the aforementioned plays.

All of the obvious big plays were absolutely awesome to watch live. My pick, however, is a little more subtle. Was a basic running play towards the South endzone (end of 3rd or middle of 4th...can't quite remember) where the play looked dead but the pile kept moving forward for at least another 4-5 yards. I was sitting in the North endzone so I can't be exact with the yardage but I felt that pretty much summed the game up for me. We obviously came to play, were physical, focused, and intense from start to finish.

Latest posts