What was your favorite play from the MSU game?

Ton of highlights...

- McNutt left handed snag over the shoulder.
- Sash's lateral to Hyde on the INT TD return
- Stanzi 30 yd run w/ nice block from ARob on Jones
- ARob getting free from Jones on the TD pass (great hands from a RB)

My favorite, though, was Tyler Sash's block he threw on a punt return. I don't remember the exact time or quarter, but he absolutely laid out an MSU player. It was fantastic.

All great plays, stormin (as usual, from you!). But the "biggest" play of the first drive, IMHO, was NONE of those you mentioned. It was the play where RS looks like he will get sacked, and pulls that pass to Reisner out of nowhere for 8-9 yards. ARob got first down on next play, but play to Reisner kept the momentum going, just when I was thinking, "Oh, crap, a sack!"

I loved the Sash to Hyde moment. Hell, I had to sit down and catch my breath after screaming as he ran down the field (and I'm in decent shape! LOL). But the timeout with the seconds in the first half was the first time I've seen Ferentz feisty in his play calling. Because it was a rarity for him, I loved it! I also loved the McNutt to DJK attempt. Imagine how much that would have meant to everyone if he had caught that. I think it would have trumped every other play that day.

All great plays, stormin (as usual, from you!). But the "biggest" play of the first drive, IMHO, was NONE of those you mentioned. It was the play where RS looks like he will get sacked, and pulls that pass to Reisner out of nowhere for 8-9 yards. ARob got first down on next play, but play to Reisner kept the momentum going, just when I was thinking, "Oh, crap, a sack!"

I loved this play. It looked to me (without seeing a replay) that A-Rob was in the flat for a screen to draw the LB's with him and Reisner blocked and slipped to the middle for a screen. Sweet design.

However, I can't believe that someone hasn't mentioned (unless I missed it) the play at the end of the first half when we ran into the backs of our OL twice, which brought out some boo-birds. Then we appeared to run the same play again, except that Stanzi faked it and Herman slipped out behind the defense to set up our 4th TD.

I really loved the design of many of our plays, some like we haven't seen. Really brilliantly designed based on what we have done in the past, reminiscent of when we would run bubble screens and jailbreak screens only to pull a fake screen to pull up the DB's and hit the TE (Dallas Clark maybe) down the seam for a TD against, I think, Wisconsin in 2002-ish.

Sash/Hyde will be the most memorable, mcnutts catch was awesome, arobs block was downright nasty, and the end around was just plain fancy... another play people who watched the game on TV noticed was the tv camera focusing in on a student's halloween costume... what they didn't notice was the girl next to him wearing a shirt that said Iowa F'ng City. The camera was on her for 10 seconds. Too funny and classic!

Speaking of Halloween costumes, did anyone see the 4 students who made Lego costumes of Stanzi, Clayborn, A-Rob, and DJK? Those were flipping sweet!

Obviously the Sash/Hyde play was the most exciting of the day but I don't think anyone has thrown any love in this thread to the Freshman Morris yet for his big hit on 3rd and 1 on MSU's first series that forced them to punt.

Sash/Hyde will be the most memorable, mcnutts catch was awesome, arobs block was downright nasty, and the end around was just plain fancy... another play people who watched the game on TV noticed was the tv camera focusing in on a student's halloween costume... what they didn't notice was the girl next to him wearing a shirt that said Iowa F'ng City. The camera was on her for 10 seconds. Too funny and classic!

I LOL'd at that. I'm sure someone got reamed in the production trailer for that and a memo from higher-ups today that went in their personnel file. :D

All those plays that people have posted were truly awesome and a great win for the Hawks, but I liked the play which involved James Morris in the 1st quarter fighting off a block and sticking his lid right in the chest of an MSU back...Matt Millen said he had "a rock in his helmet and will hit you" Millen just went on and on about this kid...He really had a great game....I just like watching active linebackers that react quickly and next thing you know you're lying on the ground...

Mine was seeing Clayborn get triple teamed in person for once, instead of on television. He's such a huge force of nature to be reckoned with. The Sash lateral absolutely rocked as well. God I wish McNutt to DJK could have been complete....

Latest posts