What record gets Fran fired this year?

I won't go that far but average scores based on yearly points for and against(rounded)
First 5 years: 26-24
next 5: 25-18
next 5: 25-20
last 4: 28-21
How about avg offensive/defensive ranking by decade? How about just flat out looking at the disparity in talent level, then vs now?

I get it. Bowl wins or losses leave the longest perception of a team because it is 9 months to either celebrate or stew over it, but exhibition games don't matter as much as regular season games.

The one post season game that has mattered the most, Iowa was within an inch or two on multiple occasions of winning.
Close don't count. Short KF a couple hundred thousand on his paycheck and see if he thinks "close enough" matters? I guarantee you KF wasn't payed the bonus for winning the BIG title game.
Close enough...sure as hell didn't show up in that Rose Bowl.

Fran did a great job of digging us out of the hole that Lick left us in. If Barta sticks with Fran after this year, I have a feeling that we will then have to dig out of a hole that Fran left us in. If this years team isn't a NCAA quality team, there is no way in hell that bringing in a Freshman Ellingson/Ogelsby 2.0 and one high quality player in Weiskamp is going to change anything. The roster makeup is a complete mess and isn't going to change if Fran is left in charge.

Fran may very well not meet expectations here, but I highly doubt he leaves us in a hole. Next year we will have a roster full of average D1 players (give or take on average) plus Cook, Wiescamp, and possibly Nunge. That is a far far cry from what Lick left. In fact, a really good x's and o's coach could probably win big with that roster.

Close don't count. Short KF a couple hundred thousand on his paycheck and see if he thinks "close enough" matters? I guarantee you KF wasn't payed the bonus for winning the BIG title game.
Close enough...sure as hell didn't show up in that Rose Bowl.
so its a money envy thing? That won't get you anywhere in life.

How about avg offensive/defensive ranking by decade? How about just flat out looking at the disparity in talent level, then vs now?
I eagerly await your in depth research. I know you won't do it because your narrative will be shot down, so you will turn to bowl wins and salary.

If your satisfaction with Iowa football lies solely in conference titles, then you're going to be awfully disappointed....

Yep. Think about this for a second. KF two B1G titles in his first 6 years. Urban Meyer 2 B1G titles his first 6 years.

Even our best coaches in much smaller leagues and way easier competiton very rarely won B1G titles.

We will get to the point where other teams don't take us seriously at all and we will steal a few wins.
Does anyone know why the McCaffery kid is not playing? I thought he was supposedly one of the nation's top recruits last year. Is he redshirting?

I don't hate Kirk, have never met him...

I think he is an underachieving, inflexible coach and vastly over paid for what he accomplishes.

You can't compare Fran to Kirk and I don't even like Kirk. Fran can only dream to have the success Kirk has had here.

I eagerly await your in depth research. I know you won't do it because your narrative will be shot down, so you will turn to bowl wins and salary.
I asked you for the numbers. You've provided them all til this point. All of the ones that back up your theories, any way. The only reason you don't provide these numbers is because they don't back up your theory. Like the Bowl wins and the BIG titles. Conveniently left those out. Not surprising considering all of your other lies in this thread.

I don't hate Kirk, have never met him...

I think he is an underachieving, inflexible coach and vastly over paid for what he accomplishes.

Given the salaries being thrown around now, I'd say he's probably right where he should be at this point. I think he's about 5th or 6th in the B1G right now....that's about right...

Latest posts