What record gets Fran fired this year?

Fran isn't getting fired, no matter how poor our record is this year. He would have to get 10 wins this year AND 10 wins next year, before his seat gets warm. And then it's only going to get warm.

Fran isn't getting fired, no matter how poor our record is this year. He would have to get 10 wins this year AND 10 wins next year, before his seat gets warm. And then it's only going to get warm.

That is too bad that our AD is willing to let our sports program completely crater out before making a change.

That is too bad that our AD is willing to let our sports program completely crater out before making a change.
Firing Fran would be admitting he made another mistake. That's not going to happen. Barta would rather give out $20 food vouchers with game tickets than have to do that.

The experience of watching Fran Ball and Kirk Ball...at times, sometimes extended, is disappointing, frustrating, puzzling, exasperating, irritating, dumbfounding...that is the comparison...just my two cents.

The difference had been that Fran seemed to offer more hope whereas Kirk is a stubborn, low achieving, highly paid coach...just my two cents.

The experience of watching Fran Ball and Kirk Ball...at times, sometimes extended, is disappointing, frustrating, puzzling, exasperating, irritating, dumbfounding...that is the comparison...just my two cents.

The difference had been that Fran seemed to offer more hope whereas Kirk is a stubborn, low achieving, highly paid coach...just my two cents.

I don't know what to tell you if you can't see that Kirk has accomplished 100x more than Fran ever has or ever will. We have already reached Fran's ceiling, and that is winning 1 game in the NCAA tournament.

I don't know what to tell you if you can't see that Kirk has accomplished 100x more than Fran ever has or ever will. We have already reached Fran's ceiling, and that is winning 1 game in the NCAA tournament.

I'm sure you'll find something to say.

The problem with your thought process here, is that Kirk hasn't "accomplished" any of those things this decade! Last Big Ten title = 2004. We're past the point of "what have you done for me lately" and well into the point of "WTF have you been doing for the past decade"?

First off, I'm no fan of Fran. I don't appreciate his infantile outbursts and there are several things his teams do on a consistent basis that drive me crazy and leave me scratching my head.

However, as it relates specifically to his job, there's no way on God's green earth he gets fired this year....unless we lose every single game remaining on our schedule....and even then, I'm not quite sure he would then either.

I'm curious on who you would like as a replacement. I think we're both on the same page we need to start looking that direction now. I really like Moton a lot.

Of course there's one X factor - if CHA ends up looking like it did in about 2009 or so, with about 3K turning out for the games, and the coffers start looking empty. That's not a "this year" issue though, I think.

A terrible 2017-18 could have a big effect on next year's ticket sales, though? Lost dollars are sure to turn heads.

The problem with your thought process here, is that Kirk hasn't "accomplished" any of those things this decade! Last Big Ten title = 2004. We're past the point of "what have you done for me lately" and well into the point of "WTF have you been doing for the past decade"?

I personally don’t have to have B1G titles, but they certainly are nice. Plus let’s face it, now in football a B1G title isn’t really the end all beat all. For instance Urban didn’t win a B1G title in ‘16, but made the playoffs. In ‘17 he won the B1G title and missed the playoffs. KF was actually closer to the playoffs in ‘15 than Urban was in ‘17. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

You are a self admitted Kirk Ferentz football apologist.

I think you almost got it. Almost. The word is
Apologetics
is the religious discipline of defending or attempting to prove the truth of religious doctrines through systematic argumentation and discourse

I try and explain/figure out the cult like religious doctrine a few of you have about KF and can't look at the truth.

I think you almost got it. Almost. The word is
Apologetics
is the religious discipline of defending or attempting to prove the truth of religious doctrines through systematic argumentation and discourse

I try and explain/figure out the cult like religious doctrine a few of you have about KF and can't look at the truth.

You are the one who has never called for KF to be fired. I called for his firing on here before.

Nothing. Just because you have been posting here a year, you think you know me? Lol man, you become a bigger joke every time you post.
EdibleFailingIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif

Latest posts