What position did you play in high school?

I actually played mens volleyball. (went to HS in SE Wisconsin, was team capt. 1st team all conference, etc. played in the State Tourney Jr and Sr year). Had walk on offers from a few D1 schools, did not want to go to small D2 school and opted to come to Iowa after my family moved. My years playing club at Iowa had us finish in the Top 25 at nationals with the highlight coming when we placed 5th back in 2002.

Football wise I played Linebacker and fullback in middleschool, was a good time.

Ironman here too, small school, RB, DB, LB, Punter, KR, gunner.......... oh the days of smash mouth football, we would run the ball about 95 % of the time, pass the ball about 8 times a game if that.

RB and CB...in 3A. We were one of the smallest schools in 3A, but dominated. My class, for example, lost one football game in our four years of playing together...the state championship game our junior year. I think we had 14 of the 22 starting positions that year were juniors and CR Regis handed our *** to us on a stick. Went undefeated and won the SC as seniors though.

I always wanted to be a cheerleader like Oates though. He saw the games through the crotch of some hottie...not a bad spot to watch the game.

Was a 3 year starter at OT and DT. started on the 1987 Class A Championship Team (GMG). Played JC ball at OG.

My dad was an assistant on that team (and I was running around the field every so often ;) ). I graduated from GMG in 02.

Latest posts