What position did you play in high school?

Class A 5-time state champ.... jk jk played wingback in wing-t offense for a couple yrs and then TB, also DB and returned kicks.... but seriously 5 state titles.

This thread has brought me more insight into the people who post here than anything else I have seen. Apparently 80% of you were supermen on small town football teams. It really helps to explain how most of you know nothing about "real" football now a days.

Touche'.....

This thread has brought me more insight into the people who post here than anything else I have seen. Apparently 80% of you were supermen on small town football teams. It really helps to explain how most of you know nothing about "real" football now a days.

Claaassic! Good job Gho...I mean Oates!;):D

I played DE at Fairfield 3A…we had a really good team that lost to Jason Olienzak’s (former Iowa sfty) Decorah team in the semi’s 14-7. Mike Dailey played for us who later played Lber at Iowa as did Anthony Jackson whose brother Milt was the first Freshmen ever to start at wide out for Notre Dame as did Jason Bauman whose brother Greg also played at Iowa and later transferred. We out gained Decorah in yards about 3 to 1 but still lost.

I was far from the best player, but I did lead the team in sacks if I recall…..:D

Any chance you are old enough to have gone to school with Brad Rose, the current AD at WDM Valley? Rose was my 8th grade basketball coach at Ankeny and the varsity baseball coach my freshman year. He was the best coach I ever had in any sport.

RB corner holder punt return kickoff returns
Sometimes wr and slot
Played qb one play because I begged the coach and all I had to do was hand the ball off but I ended up running with it

I chose not to play football in high school. I wanted to play WR, but Ankeny runs the ball almost every play (once had a game with 60 rushes for 598 yards). I didn't really want to be a glorified lineman, so I stuck to basketball, baseball, and track. I ended up high jumping in college.

I chose not to play football in high school. I wanted to play WR, but Ankeny runs the ball almost every play (once had a game with 60 rushes for 598 yards). I didn't really want to be a glorified lineman, so I stuck to basketball, baseball, and track. I ended up high jumping in college.

So it's not just a clever screen name?

Any chance you are old enough to have gone to school with Brad Rose, the current AD at WDM Valley? Rose was my 8th grade basketball coach at Ankeny and the varsity baseball coach my freshman year. He was the best coach I ever had in any sport.

Great guy....he is about 4 years older than me. Haven't seen him in years but I knew him well and he is indeed a very good coach and very well liked by all.

I played DE at Fairfield 3A…we had a really good team that lost to Jason Olienzak’s (former Iowa sfty) Decorah team in the semi’s 14-7. Mike Dailey played for us who later played Lber at Iowa as did Anthony Jackson whose brother Milt was the first Freshmen ever to start at wide out for Notre Dame as did Jason Bauman whose brother Greg also played at Iowa and later transferred. We out gained Decorah in yards about 3 to 1 but still lost.

I was far from the best player, but I did lead the team in sacks if I recall…..:D

That Decorah team was pretty salty. We (Waverly Shell-Rock) beat them during the regular season Jason's senior year, but they got us in the playoffs.

+1

You're full of craps, now wipe your butt.:mad:

That Decorah team was pretty salty. We (Waverly Shell-Rock) beat them during the regular season Jason's senior year, but they got us in the playoffs.

I think we played him his junior year, but if I remember correctly they won 2 years in a row. They were tough….

I was at that game. My dad and I sat next to the Notre Dame coach at a Fairfield/Washington basketball game, when he was there to watch Milt. Dudes a legend. Seemed like there was a Jackson on Fairfield's team for 15 years after that. How many brothers did he have?

Never played but always imagined myself as catching TE or WR. Straight killed in pickup games:) I'm not very tall (5'-10") but I was fast and did have a knack for bringing down a big catch.