What penalty in football ticks you off the most.

BergHawk7

What penalty pi$$e$ you off the most in football, like, which one do the refs mess up the most?

My opinion, holding, and my example is 2009 NW game where wehger ran 50 yrds for the tying TD, then its called back because of a holding call on iowa.

I hate delay of games, although I hate when the Hawks have to call time out to avoid the penalty just as much. Seriously, get the play in on time and snap the frickin ball. How hard can it be?

Clipping or blocking in the back by Iowa (or by anyone).

It is always a penalty. It has always been a penalty. It is always a choice of the will: should I or should I refrain?

Always pisses me off when a Hawk does it.

False starts are second most annoying.

That horsesh!t player not in down position penalty or whatever it is that negates an Iowa TD or big gain two to three times a year at least during the KOK era, including Chandler's possible game-winning scamper against Texas in the Alamo Bowl.

I absolutely despise when a runner gets hit AS he is running out of bounds (his foot hasn't even touched the white yet) and they call a late hit.

Off sides on a kickoff. Specifically those against Iowa. More specifically the phantom variety that occur when we're playing Florida.

The anti-celebration, anti-fun rules in college football are among my least favorite. The premature celebration is one thing, but then at least let the ball carrier dance and jump around once they score.

Classic example of what happens when old-white men are in charge of something dominated by young people trying to have harmless fun

I absolutely despise when a runner gets hit AS he is running out of bounds (his foot hasn't even touched the white yet) and they call a late hit.

I totally agree with this. In addition, I hate when late hits get called when the defensive player clearly engages the offensive player before the play is dead and/or ball is thrown but doesn't make contact until after and they still call it. Drives me nuts.

I also wish college had the same PI rule as the NFL. If a WR is about to catch the ball 50 yards downfield and gets interfered with, his team should get the ball on the spot.

Excessive celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1000 to this one. If you were taunting your opponents, that is one thing, but players get flagged just for getting excited after a TD. Stupid.

Always hated the roughing the kicker penalty as well, or even the running into the kicker, which I believe are both separate and distinct penalties if I'm not mistaken. Particularly when a player gets flagged for it when an opposing player runs into him, and forces him into the kicker.

RTK is particularly painful when you're about to get the ball back, and the the flag flies, and a fresh set of downs for the opponent.

Latest posts