What level of incompetence does Brian Ferentz have to exhibit to be fired?

Fire everyone! Everybody knows football games are only 30 minutes and OCs are supposed to catch the ball for their players! It's not like two of the to teams in the conference got taken top the wire by G5 teams this week...

More like NIU is tired. All teams have to do is load box, stop run. We have no passing game again.
Cant argue with you here. Smith doesn't even look like a Division One receiver other than his raw physical attributes. He doesn't run good routes and can't catch the ball. Our pass rush took this game over late in the second quarter and once we got up 17-0 you weren't going to see much passing. There will be opportunities down the road to see what kind of passing game we have, or don't have.

Nothing wrong with wearing down a defense and piling up yardage late. That's how many teams win games.

Seriously though, Stanley had a horrible game, i was distracted visiting with an old friend throughout game, but i didnt notice stanley progress to a second read once.

Out of his 23 throws did he make one check down? He seemed to make every one of this throwing decisions before the play even started.

He had two side line throws made into double coverage, throws that arent easy wide open...

He did make some nice throws, two drops on third downs that were threadingta needle. But he has to look off the defense more and improve on reading the defense.

11/23 for 101 yards passing is sorry. Solid win for the Hawks but I’m sick of talented qbs having that stat line at Iowa.
True. This stat line isn’t going to cut it.

6 drops doesn’t help the QBs stats. And drops have been a problem (it seems) for a few seasons.

But Nate was not accurate today.

In his defense, he’s had more practice throwing the ball away (you don’t have to be accurate for that) because of his weak pass pro OL, newbie WRs, and rookie OC.

Collective poor effort in the first half. Dropped passes, penalties and inaccurate passes all contributed. Just lots of mistakes and not that surprising for a first game. I think we'll be better next week (we'll have to be).

Good second half and I just think this was the game plan. Nothing fancy early, wear them down and dominate the second half, aided by the defense. How many people predicted a 33-7 win? I know I didn't.

I can't emphasize how intellectually dishonest, ignorant or dumb some people are.

BF can't be blamed for dropped passes or overhrows. If you want to blame him for something, then blame him for not getting better players, however he has closed on some of our better players. So not sure how good that would do.

I can't emphasize how intellectually dishonest, ignorant or dumb some people are.

BF can't be blamed for dropped passes or overhrows. If you want to blame him for something, then blame him for not getting better players, however he has closed on some of our better players. So not sure how good that would do.

He trolling. Has to be. Otherwise he is just mad.

He trolling. Has to be. Otherwise he is just mad.
I just don't understand how people can make such blond judgments without using any facts. I guess I should not be surprised, people do it in every aspect of life. Otherwise politics would maybe do something positive.

we IMPROVED from 112th to 109th last year in Offense (with an alleged NFL caliber QB and RB). He is and offensive GENIUS! Can't wait til he's our HC!
I can wait for sure!!!! But his Pop may behind the Gameplan no? Who is surprised at some of those calls.It is what is....Yawn. Go Hawks.

Nah. There was lots of poor execution out there to make a statement that extreme. Can't blame Brian for that.

Unless that is you are trolling us...

Really? I thought it was the coordinators who were responsible for identifying and recruiting talent, and setting practice schedules and routines to help execute better.

Silly me.

The playcalling was awful. The heat and a relentless defensive line wore them out and we got some big runs in the second half on a tired D line. The offense continues to run like an old broken down tractor. There is just no offensive rythem in the playcalling. Why does Iowa seem unable to perform simple plays such as screens, passes to the flat, and worst, our wides never seem to be open. We were better in the second, but the draw on 3 and 15, the 4th and one dive from 5 yards deep, what kind of calls are these? I could go on about the sloppy play but why pile on. When Kirk steps down I hope Phil Parker gets his shot at head coach, more deserving than Brien.

The playcalling was awful. The heat and a relentless defensive line wore them out and we got some big runs in the second half on a tired D line. The offense continues to run like an old broken down tractor. There is just no offensive rythem in the playcalling. Why does Iowa seem unable to perform simple plays such as screens, passes to the flat, and worst, our wides never seem to be open. We were better in the second, but the draw on 3 and 15, the 4th and one dive from 5 yards deep, what kind of calls are these? I could go on about the sloppy play but why pile on. When Kirk steps down I hope Phil Parker gets his shot at head coach, more deserving than Brien.

The play where you throw 20 yards to the sideline in hopes of a 3 yard gain whilst inviting a Pick 6 needs to be culled from the playbook. That is a horribly designed play that even if perfectly executed is worth exactly jack shit.

PURGE IT