What level of incompetence does Brian Ferentz have to exhibit to be fired?

This game can only end like that one movie where the coach quits or disappears and the players start coaching the game themselves.

He's picking up where he left off last season with the same terrible playcalling.

This game can only end like that one movie where the coach quits or disappears and the players start coaching the game themselves.
Should we run that play where the fat kid runs down the field and acts like he's lost? Or how 'bout the oop de fukkin oop? At least have cheerleaders perform at halftime in their whipped cream bikinis...that's all I ask.

This was such a shitty first half I honestly can’t blame Ferentz for all of it. There must be a half dozen dropped passes, and bad penalties, behind throws.... I’m sorry, I can’t blame ALL off this on lil Ferentz. Everything looked like shit to me.

Kirk has demonstrated high tolerance for bad offense. If Iowa fails to win this year he might have to reconsider. Kirk is fine winning 10-3 week in and week out.

More like NIU is tired. All teams have to do is load box, stop run. We have no passing game again.

More like NIU is tired. All teams have to do is load box, stop run. We have no passing game again.
Looks like we have no receiving game again.
Except for Fant. And Hockenson. And first game.

Passing game issue today is on Stanley. He is not very accurate. Even the strike down the middle to Hockensen was off the mark...had he led him ...would have been more yards,.... maybe a TD

Passing game issue today is on Stanley. He is not very accurate. Even the strike down the middle to Hockensen was off the mark...had he led him ...would have been more yards,.... maybe a TD

Same thing for the toss to Smith that was intercepted. Except B. Smith ain’t catching much anything.

Over-react much?
# of starters back on the line today?
Dropped passes
Stanley off today. Just not accurate at all
7 returning starters on def for NIU
Holding penalties ruined yardage/scoring

Scoring 33 against a solid defense with the above is nothing to freak out about. Pump the brakes.

Side Note: Loved seeing Brian's frustration as NIU called TO's in the 4th. He wanted to throw the ball down the field. He looked over at Kirk after the 3rd TO and said, "Want me to run it out?" He knew Dad wouldn't want to be throwing downfield.

First half was rough. No doubt. We'll be fine. Nate will be better. O Line will be better with tackles back.

Good win, Hawks.

I thought the second half was great by Brian - we were bigger and stronger than NIU so we adjusted to pushing them down the field.

Stanley was inaccurate today, for sure. Not sure what was up with that.

Latest posts