What happened to Lazard? Is he still waiting to get drafted?

since when has going to LAmes to play football helped your draftability? there's a reason they haven't had a guy drafted since like 2014. kansas has had 3 guys drafted since them.......kansas!

Posted this elsewhere and added to it:

It's fun to read the reasons on Cyfan Lazard hasn't been drafted yet.
ISU bias.
No one needs WR's this year.
Too many WR's this year.
Too many good WR's at ISU to compete for catches with.
He doesn't put up the numbers of others because he doesn't play in an offense like Texas Tech WR's.
David Montgomery is too good to throw enough to get Lazard noticed.
It's becoming a defensive league.
GM's need to have their heads examined.
A punter was drafted before Lazard. Proof GM's don't know what they're doing.
His political tweets are making him slide
Teams see him as the next Shannon Sharpe, but he wants to be a WR

BTW, they also think Lanning should have been drafted as well.

ISU bias.
Too many WR's this year.
He doesn't put up the numbers of others because he doesn't play in an offense like Texas Tech WR's.

Bad officiating has to be in there somewhere..

Kid was an idiot to choose ISU with the options he had, legacy or not. Cost himself a lot of money.

Unless, of course...he just isn't that good.

Last edited:
“He’s definitely moved up draft boards and helped himself with this pre-draft process, for sure,” said Michael Perrett, Lazard’s agent.............3/27/2018

This agent is now known as Poison Perrett.

The NFL does IQ tests with future draftees. I heard that when they asked Lazard which city Iowa State was located in, his response was....."I don't know."

ISU bias.
Too many WR's this year.

too funny.....so Lanning can run some rpo short yardage and goal line, he deserves to be drafted? Let me guess that is something Roquan Smith couldn't do or Josey Jewell or any number of Mike linebackers.

Btw, I actually like Lanning, but c'mon now, let's be realistic.

Last edited:
The NFL does IQ tests with future draftees. I heard that when they asked Lazard which city Iowa State was located in, his response was....."I don't know."
Reminds me of the old joke where an Iowa State athlete tried to get into the Olympic stadium with a roll of barbed wire on his shoulder and said he was a fencing participant.

Last edited:
It was a massive conspiracy denying the two greatest athletes (Lazard and Lanning) to ever wear a college football uniform a chance to play in the NFL. Texas football, Kansas basketball, Big 12 officials and the Illuminati were all in on it. So sayeth Jamie Pollard.

Lazard is a tool, dating back to his tweets during the Rose Bowl and several other instances he's shown he has no sense of awareness. This should humble him.

Speaking of tools and lacking awareness. The cyclone blogger wrote a story highlighting 19 iowa state football players who will either 'definitely be drafted' or could be drafted. Iowa state hasn't a player drafted since 2014 - the longest streak in the P5 conferences but this guy thinks there's as many as 19 future draft picks on the team now. Such delusion.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2018/03/williams-top-five-pro-prospects-on-iowa-states-roster/

Gee I wonder if other schools are going to use it as a recruiting tool against Iowa state that their 5-star all-time receiving leader couldnt even get drafted in 7 rounds.

giphy.gif

The pride of that one Paul Whoads press conference, the big stud offensive linemen who he just would not stop recruiting, just signed a free agent deal with some team after not getting drafted.

Latest posts