What happened to Lazard? Is he still waiting to get drafted?

Remind me, how many WRs in history have caught 25 passes for nearly 300 yards against Iowa? I mean out of all of the all-pros that played at Mich or OSU over the years. How many had a better career against Iowa than the kid from ISU? I'm guessing not many.

And again, your brilliant point is that Lazard sucks? Or that Wadley sucks? Or what, I'm not sure I understand.

<<Remind me, how many WRs in history have caught 25 passes for nearly 300 yards against Iowa?>>

Good Lord, James Hardy pretty much did that in EACH game he played against Iowa.

In just two possessions in the third quarter of the Purdue game, a guy from France named Mahoungou basically torched Iowa for one completion after another for two straight scores that wound up deciding the game. If the NFL draft were held that afternoon, he would probably have been drafted.

It all seems fairly obvious to me. No NFL team thought it likely that Lazard had much of an upside. He was a very good college player, but they probably thought he had peaked. Most NFL teams want guys who can still get better. They picked players who may not have been as good in college, but seemed to still have potential.

It all seems fairly obvious to me. No NFL team thought it likely that Lazard had much of an upside. He was a very good college player, but they probably thought he had peaked. Most NFL teams want guys who can still get better. They picked players who may not have been as good in college, but seemed to still have potential.

Also, when your talk > your game.... it's not a good sign. NFL types pick up on that.

Last edited:

And here we are a few years later and Lazard just got a new deal from the Packers. Shows that just like recruiting, the "draft experts" aren't always right. I hate Iowa State, but this kid played for The U and I'll always support guys from The U even if they went to I-S-Moo.

Latest posts