what happened to bear?

It’s never good in the locker room when the coaches kid doesn’t have to work as hard in practice and never gets bitched out for his mistakes . Not saying that’s happened but this scenario has ruined a lot of teams
Mac played Conner ahead of a lot of guys in exhibition and early games. CW saw the handwriting on the wall and jumped ship. I bet Mac regrets that now. He's got no one but himself to blame for that. CW is laughing now.

Some bonus footage:

adam-woodbury-of-iowa-poking-wisconsin-players-in-the-eye.gif

tumblr_mjirpv1yeZ1ry6419o1_500.gif

Captain Insano shows no mercy

How much should we realistically expect from a walk-on. That's not saying I don't think he's a contributor to the team, but what is his ceiling? While I think he's a solid role player and plays hard, I'm simply not sure its fair to expect anything more from him.

Nicholas should never have been a starter. On paper, he had the stats to be a starter, but his expertise was coming off the bench. He is an extremely intelligent basketball player, perhaps the most intelligent player on the court every game. He had the opportunity to analyze the game from the bench and had the ability to recognize the problems that needed a fix. The pressure of starting with a relatively inexperienced team, with Garza and Nunge being worked into the lineup was not advantageous for him, and took his best quality away......

Too much pressure on everyone this season makes what Jordan, Cook, and Garza are doing all the more impressive, as Jon's very nice article addressed. Hard to find much sunshine at this stage of the season. I do appreciate Jon seeking and finding a little.....

Ridiculous to mention Connor as a problem for the team, especially when we played much better with him in the lineup, despite being less than 50%.....

Difficult to analyze the reasons for the dropoff this season. Perhaps number One was the preseason expectations. Almost everyone, including the Hawks themselves, expected a top 5 finish in the Big and an invitation to The Dance. Didn't even come close.....

Perhaps two reasons are the main culprits:

Peter Jok is not on the team. That 20 points every game, guaranteed has really hurt. Those points have not been replaced. With Jok on the floor, the opponents could not afford to have 2 men dedicated to stopping Jordan. Would have made things much easier for Tyler and Luka to operate inside.....

Preseason expectations not realized. Everyone is at fault for this.....

Might be a chemistry issue.Something is wrong, for certain.....

This season is finally over and has been for a while. I do believe we beat Indiana Saturday, have a solid chance at Minnesota, and a 50/50 shot at beating NW. We still might have 5 wins in the Big. That seems like quite an accomplishment, all things considered.....

Might as well enjoy the offseason, and hope that the issues will be solved, especially playing some semblance of defense. JoeW will certainly help, even as a freshman. He has extraordinary talent and just might be the best recruit since the Raveling days.....

It all remains to be seen.....

:cool:

Nicholas should never have been a starter. On paper, he had the stats to be a starter, but his expertise was coming off the bench. He is an extremely intelligent basketball player, perhaps the most intelligent player on the court every game. He had the opportunity to analyze the game from the bench and had the ability to recognize the problems that needed a fix. The pressure of starting with a relatively inexperienced team, with Garza and Nunge being worked into the lineup was not advantageous for him, and took his best quality away......

Too much pressure on everyone this season makes what Jordan, Cook, and Garza are doing all the more impressive, as Jon's very nice article addressed. Hard to find much sunshine at this stage of the season. I do appreciate Jon seeking and finding a little.....

Ridiculous to mention Connor as a problem for the team, especially when we played much better with him in the lineup, despite being less than 50%.....

Difficult to analyze the reasons for the dropoff this season. Perhaps number One was the preseason expectations. Almost everyone, including the Hawks themselves, expected a top 5 finish in the Big and an invitation to The Dance. Didn't even come close.....

Perhaps two reasons are the main culprits:

Peter Jok is not on the team. That 20 points every game, guaranteed has really hurt. Those points have not been replaced. With Jok on the floor, the opponents could not afford to have 2 men dedicated to stopping Jordan. Would have made things much easier for Tyler and Luka to operate inside.....

Preseason expectations not realized. Everyone is at fault for this.....

Might be a chemistry issue.Something is wrong, for certain.....

This season is finally over and has been for a while. I do believe we beat Indiana Saturday, have a solid chance at Minnesota, and a 50/50 shot at beating NW. We still might have 5 wins in the Big. That seems like quite an accomplishment, all things considered.....

Might as well enjoy the offseason, and hope that the issues will be solved, especially playing some semblance of defense. JoeW will certainly help, even as a freshman. He has extraordinary talent and just might be the best recruit since the Raveling days.....

It all remains to be seen.....

:cool:

People don't think Connor is a problem. They think that maybe having the coaches son on the team is a problem. It's a pretty common problem actually.

How much should we realistically expect from a walk-on. That's not saying I don't think he's a contributor to the team, but what is his ceiling? While I think he's a solid role player and plays hard, I'm simply not sure its fair to expect anything more from him.
I think this also. And physically he's just always hunched over as if he's tired. I think he just isn't a game changer anymore.

Latest posts