what happened to bear?

Baer had 3 rebounds. He used to be a stat stuffer on hustle alone. That hasn't happened this year.

this is my fav..........

franogre_medium.jpg

Chad Leistikow hinted, in the last Hawkcentral podcast, at a “chemistry issue” going on. He didn’t elaborate...but said defense isn’t the issue that needs to fixed for next year, its a “chemistry issue”. For what it’s worth...

As bad as this team has struggled and as much as I saw trouble with Fran as far back as four or five years ago, I just don’t think it’s fair to target Connor for his dad’s coaching short falls in coaching.

If someone has specific knowledge to support these accusations then that is one thing, other wise I think its not right to be attacking Connor like this.

I still like Fran over as a person better than I did Todd or Steve. I think all three were a mistake but from a personable perspective I would chose to hang out with Fran over the other two.

How would I feel if they fired Fran after season. I really couldn’t argue against it. I did however just last year say that if we didn’t see significant improvement by the end of next season that Fran would need to go. A few posters challenged me on that. I specifically said that, that would be the ten year mark for Fran and that is more than enough time for any coach to establish their basketball program.

If Fran goes after next season with a huge buyout at the university’s expense then Barta also has to go. I see no way around it. If the University President opposes this then she don’t need to let the door hit her in the ass on the way out either.

Of course my wish would be for the new players and Connor to totally change the chemistry of this team and turn it around. At this point that looks really iffy.

Last edited:
As bad as this team has struggled and as much as I saw trouble with Fran as far back as four or five years ago, I just don’t think it’s fair to target Connor for his dad’s coaching short falls in coaching.

If someone has specific knowledge to support these accusations then that is one thing, other wise I think its not right to be attacking Connor like this.

I still like Fran over as a person better than I did Todd or Steve. I think all three were a mistake but from a personable perspective I would chose to hang out with Fran over the other two.

How would I feel if they fired Fran after season. I really couldn’t argue against it. I did however just last year say that if we didn’t see significant improvement by the end of next season that Fran would need to go. A few posters challenged me on that. I specifically said that, that would be the ten year mark for Fran and that is more than enough time for any coach to establish their basketball program.

If Fran goes after next season with a huge buyout at the university’s expense then Barta also has to go. I see no way around it. If the University President opposes this then she don’t need to let the hot her in the ass either.

Of course my wish would be for the new players and Connor to totally change the chemistry of this team and turn it around. At this point that looks really iffy.
The U of I President is a he not a she.

If Fran goes after next season with a huge buyout at the university’s expense then Barta also has to go. I see no way around it. If the University President opposes this then she don’t need to let the hot her in the ass either.

No one is attacking Connor about this. And yes there have always been flaws in Fran's coaching. There are flaws in everyone's coaching. But with his flaws, he was good enough to make us a bubble team at minimum for 5 straight years. Now we are one of the worst teams in the conference. That is a huge drop off. If it's because of the Connor situation, it would explain a lot. But it wouldn't be his fault. It would be Fran's fault for not handling things properly, or the other players fault for being babies about it.

It could also very well be a team that struggled early and packed it in. That happens all the time in sports. To teams better than this one, and to coaches better than Fran. I really hope that's the case. Because if it is, it's the easiest problem to fix.

Latest posts