what happened to bear?

Here's a comprehensive ref collection for the archives...

ncb_a_mccaffery_kh_600x600.jpg
Fran+McCaffery+III.jpg
Fran+McCaffery+sTTH6EHCT8lm.jpg
usatsi_7056286.jpg
Fran-McCaffery-Inside-_20100303163124_0_0_400x400.JPG

BdRIy7lCQAAjJCW.jpg
AR-180109701.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900
Fran+McCaffery+cauJfEcnRBcm.jpg
0028525-fvxx-640x360.jpg
13sienaridermlk.jpg

Outsdanding work, sir.

hqdefault.jpg

636509565670027684-FRANNI.jpg

I knew his pic looked more similar to when he was talking to the kids but could not remember a statement that he said to them, prior to stomping his legs and Carvey and the girl started laughing. That guy was hilarious.

I think this theory was talked about last year as well and I've found it to be true. Baer is fantastic against the second team because he's a borderline first team guy that plays with a ton of energy, but he disappears against athletic higher level competition. What he has are hustle and shooting. Hustle is mitigated by more athletic hustle from their other team which happens when you're playing more against the first team instead of off the bench. His shot is also affected by the slight difference in speed against first team guys. He's also on the scouting reports now. He might have been able to pull off the transition more effectively this year if he had those first 6 games to get in the swing of things, but breaking his finger added yet another complication because he also wouldn't have been able to practice shooting for 6 weeks let alone practice getting his shot off faster.

Prediction: he spends the off-season working to get his shot back and Fran recognizes that he's better as a the first man off the bench. This enables him to get his mojo back and be even more deadly as that energy guy.

Nice thoughts. Solid.

IMO...

Baer hustles. He gets the crowd and his teammates fired up with his energy. And Baer belongs in the rotation. But Baer is never going to carry this team or any other team. The guys with that talent/potential are freshmen and sophomores. And when a team plays with a low basketball IQ and doesn't have a clue on defense a hustle guy can't help much.

I think we should always end those with him smiling haha - literally laughing out loud in the office. Sure looks like a guy who is just collecting his paycheck and doesn't care enough about winning. Just wants to collect those stacks!
Unless it's like...Charlie Sheen-style winning.

Read an article where Bear said he thinks the team's best basketball is ahead of them. Could it get worse? Little better effort on defense would make some difference.

This is a god damn work of art. Do you know the photographer? I might frame this. The three dimensional of the spit due to the other coach being blurred from the shallow depth of field is breathtaking.
Never even saw the spit.

Latest posts