what happened to bear?

Baer was great coming off the bench last year. He could watch what was going on and when called on by Fran he went in and provided what the team needed. This year Fran moved him to a starting role for 16 games and he hasnt been as effective. Not sure why he has been less effective as a starter but i would go back to what worked and hope for the best.

Baer was great coming off the bench last year. He could watch what was going on and when called on by Fran he went in and provided what the team needed. This year Fran moved him to a starting role for 16 games and he hasnt been as effective. Not sure why he has been less effective as a starter but i would go back to what worked and hope for the best.

I wonder if sitting on the bench waiting to get in gets him amped up? Like he's just itching to get in there and make a difference. As a starter, you don't get that feeling.

As bad as this team has struggled and as much as I saw trouble with Fran as far back as four or five years ago, I just don’t think it’s fair to target Connor for his dad’s coaching short falls in coaching.

If someone has specific knowledge to support these accusations then that is one thing, other wise I think its not right to be attacking Connor like this.

I still like Fran over as a person better than I did Todd or Steve. I think all three were a mistake but from a personable perspective I would chose to hang out with Fran over the other two.

How would I feel if they fired Fran after season. I really couldn’t argue against it. I did however just last year say that if we didn’t see significant improvement by the end of next season that Fran would need to go. A few posters challenged me on that. I specifically said that, that would be the ten year mark for Fran and that is more than enough time for any coach to establish their basketball program.

If Fran goes after next season with a huge buyout at the university’s expense then Barta also has to go. I see no way around it. If the University President opposes this then she don’t need to let the hot her in the ass either.

Of course my wish would be for the new players and Connor to totally change the chemistry of this team and turn it around. At this point that looks really iffy.
I wonder what it will be like next season if the football team wins only like 6-7 games and ends up in another lame bowl game, the men's b-ball team finishes in the bottom half of the conference & fails to make the NCAA tournament & the wrestling team is mediocre again?

Our fan base eats their own like no other. Straight up ruthless. I get it, it's the nature of the beast - but I find it incredible how straight up savage Iowa fans are if things aren't going well. That's a good sign- it means everyone wants to be better and doesn't just accept poor play. Iowa basketball and Fran deserve every single bit of criticism it's currently getting. I just honestly wasn't brought up that way. To trash something I care about. To shit on a relationship or contract. To want everyone who doesn't live up to my expectation removed. To name call, to slander or to bully. I get it, that probably makes me a snow flake, but at least I'm not a real life asshole. I can live with that.

Its more like he's went into hibernation, it is winter time

360_hibernation_space_0216.jpg

This team definitely has the look of a bunch of guys that don't much give a shit about each other. It might be time to channel some Herman Boone and get the guys to come together and play for one another.

Since winning B1G 6th man (25 games):

5.72 PPG / 4.8 RPG / 1.68 APG / 1.08 SPG / .96 BPG / 1 TOPG

41.22% FG / 32.47% 3PFG

Those numbers are way down from what he was before. I’ve said many times in the game threads this year, he looks like a walk on again.

This team has very poor chemistry. Make mistakes hang their heads. As I have said before we do not know how to defend the 3. Sometimes I think we do not know how to defend anything. I wonder if we will lose some players after the season ends?

I think this theory was talked about last year as well and I've found it to be true. Baer is fantastic against the second team because he's a borderline first team guy that plays with a ton of energy, but he disappears against athletic higher level competition. What he has are hustle and shooting. Hustle is mitigated by more athletic hustle from their other team which happens when you're playing more against the first team instead of off the bench. His shot is also affected by the slight difference in speed against first team guys. He's also on the scouting reports now. He might have been able to pull off the transition more effectively this year if he had those first 6 games to get in the swing of things, but breaking his finger added yet another complication because he also wouldn't have been able to practice shooting for 6 weeks let alone practice getting his shot off faster.

Prediction: he spends the off-season working to get his shot back and Fran recognizes that he's better as a the first man off the bench. This enables him to get his mojo back and be even more deadly as that energy guy.

I wonder what it will be like next season if the football team wins only like 6-7 games and ends up in another lame bowl game, the men's b-ball team finishes in the bottom half of the conference & fails to make the NCAA tournament & the wrestling team is mediocre again?

In that case Barta might want to buy a vest (bullet proof variety).:eek:

Latest posts