What does each Big 10 team lose next year

In a year where we don't lose as much production as other teams, it would actually hurt iowa if seniors gain another year.

In a year where we don't lose as much production as other teams, it would actually hurt iowa if seniors gain another year.
I assume everyone (not just seniors) gets another year if they go this route. Freshmen, sophomores and juniors also lost a year of postseason play.

I'm working on a team-by-team breakdown of the B1G like I did last offseason that can be updated throughout the offseason. Hope to post tomorrow at some point.

Scoring would definitely be the big question mark, but then again it’s Fran and Iowa so I can’t imagine us struggling that bad on offense.

As an aside I personally think Wieskamp is more likely to go than Garza. Wieskamp already went through the process once. Whether or not we perceived Joe to having an up and down year it kinda in a way doesn’t matter. The NBA drafts on potential. I’m not saying I think Joe is good enough personally just that I won’t be surprised if he goes. Garza I don’t know at this point. He’s had an amazing year honestly but still has very little NBA hype. Seems like he might go the four year route like a Malcolm Brogdon and then see if he can carve out some role in the league down the road.
Wiese would be foolish to go this year, with JBo coming back he goes back to being single teamed and puts up numbers that makes him look like an NBA player again.

I can't see a reason for Garza to stay. I am sure Garza could improve on a few things but man he go to the hoop from around the basket with both hands and he has a really good touch, soft shots within 5 feet, hooks, little scoops, etc, he has a very good mid-range shot which is a lost art for many players even in the NBA, and he has a great long distance shot.

He handles the ball well and has a good first move both facing and back to the basket. He makes pretty good above avg inside to outside passes to set up 3's.

He could work on his defense but in the NBA he will not find himself being double and triple teamed with a lot more room to work.

JW is a different story as he has all the tools but a really good NBA-potential player shouldnt get shut down like he did at Minny the other day and at IU in the first 30 minutes. Maybe his legs are tired with the short bench. It just seems he could improve his potential draft stock coming back next year with 10-15 more pounds on his shoulders and chest and show improvement towards 20 pts per game without the low output games.
Garza can still show off his passing skills and ability to put the ball on the floor, plus who doesn't want a conference championship and a trip to the final four. Plus putting your name in all the Iowa record books and some national records.

I don't think Cook being on the floor would clog things up any more than having Joe T and Connor out there. It would probably cost Garza 6 points per game, but Cook, Moss, and Bohannon would easily make up for it.

Garza, Cook, Wieskamp, CJ, and Bohannon would be an improved offense even tho it would hurt Garza a bit. Especially since you could play Cook and Garza 30 minutes each and still only have them in the floor at the same time for 20 minutes.
Cook would demand the offense went through him. Garza would not have the year he had with Cook there. Cook's ego would not have allowed it.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Connor McCaffery as a 27 year old sophomore :cool:

Oh my, I remember Settles last year, when opposing fan bases would chant "Grandpa Settles" . If they chanted Grandpa McCaffery, Dad and Son would both be wondering........

Latest posts