What does each Big 10 team lose next year

WindsorHawk

I have listed seniors averaging at least 4 PPG. In the past I have listed underclassmen expected to leave early. This year I looked at 3 random NBA mock drafts. Only underclassmen projected as 1st round picks in at least 1 of the 3 drafts are listed. Others will almost certainly leave.

MD - Cowan & Smith (SO)
PSU - C. Jones, Stevens & Watkins
IA - Kriener
MSU - Winston
Rutgers - Yeboah
IL - Feliz
WI - Pritzl
OSU - A. Wesson & K. Wesson (JR)
MI - Davis, Simpson & Teske
PU - Boudreaux & Proctor
IN - Green
MN - Demir & Oturu (SO)
NE - Cheatham & Kavas
NW - Spencer & Turner

PSU is definitely going to suffer the most....but Chambers has recruited pretty well the last couple of years, so that'll help them.

Nebraska has like 17 grad transfers waiting in the wings to play next year I think.

Wisconsin should be tough only losing Pritzl.

At one point last year Dosumu was getting like lottery pick type hype and now he’s not even being mentioned. That’s kind of interesting. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes. Livers I could see going as well. I can’t believe Xavier Tillman is not a senior, that dude looks like he’s 30.

PSU is definitely going to suffer the most....but Chambers has recruited pretty well the last couple of years, so that'll help them.

Nebraska has like 17 grad transfers waiting in the wings to play next year I think.

Wisconsin should be tough only losing Pritzl.
Wisconsin did just lose King though too. He was their leading scorer in conference.

They should be solid for sure but they’ve had some issues this year.

MSU and MD always get good recruits. Drop PSU out of the top 7 and the other 6 should all be in the top 7. But I think the order will be shuffled.

If that's what the rosters look like next year, we should be favored to win the conference. Of course it's not what they will look like and we won't be favored.

If that's what the rosters look like next year, we should be favored to win the conference. Of course it's not what they will look like and we won't be favored.
I bet we’re favored if everyone returns. National talking heads may pick MSU. But BTN guys that watch the games should know it’s Iowa’s to lose. Winston is only 1 guy. But he’s the reigning BT POY and runs the show. He’s a huge loss.

Let’s go the other way and assume worst case (both Garza & Wieskamp go). Just for fun, well it’s not really fun but just for discussion.

Could this team at least make the tournament?

Toussaint
Bohannon
Fredrick
McCaffery
Nunge
McCaffery
Ogundele
Ulis
Perkins
Murray
Murray

I wouldn’t say it would be impossible. Would come down to P McCaffery, is he as good as his ranking? A healthy Nunge and how good is he? How much can Toussaint improve? None of those things are that crazy to see happening. Let’s just hope both guys return and we are talking about how high we can finish in the conference instead.

I bet we’re favored if everyone returns. National talking heads may pick MSU. But BTN guys that watch the games should know it’s Iowa’s to lose. Winston is only 1 guy. But he’s the reigning BT POY and runs the show. He’s a huge loss.
Rutgers, Illinois, and Iowa potentially top 3 in whatever order. That’s crazy to think about.

Let’s go the other way and assume worst case (both Garza & Wieskamp go). Just for fun, well it’s not really fun but just for discussion.

Toussaint
Bohannon
Fredrick
McCaffery
Nunge
McCaffery
Ogundele
Ulis
Perkins
Murray
Murray

I wouldn’t say it would be impossible. Would come down to P McCaffery, is he as good as his ranking? A healthy Nunge and how good is he? How much can Toussaint improve? None of those things are that crazy to see happening. Let’s just hope both guys return and we are talking about how high we can finish in the conference instead.
I think it would be an upset if we didn’t make it. See Iowa women this year. Connor gets the ball to the right guy in the right place. And we will have outstanding perimeter shooting...and clutch. JT will be a sophomore...much smarter. And at least 2 or 3 guys will be ready to contribute out of the true freshmen and redshirts.

Toussaint
Bohannon
Fredrick
McCaffery
Nunge
McCaffery
Ogundele
Ulis
Perkins
Murray
Murray

I'd say bubble probably. Let's not do that way tho...

Toussaint
Bohannon
Fredrick
McCaffery
Nunge
McCaffery
Ogundele
Ulis
Perkins
Murray
Murray

Interesting question. I'm not sure there's enough scoring to be made with that group. Witch of those freshman will play significantly? How improved is Nunge (had some serious hype before he got hurt) Hope we don't have to find out. I think JW will come back. He's been too up and down this yr for a run at the NBA. Garza I could see going pro though. Be it NBA, G league or overseas. But I could see him coming back too neither would surprise me too much. He seems to love it at Iowa.

Interesting question. I'm not sure there's enough scoring to be made with that group. Witch of those freshman will play significantly? How improved is Nunge (had some serious hype before he got hurt) Hope we don't have to find out. I think JW will come back. He's been too up and down this yr for a run at the NBA. Garza I could see going pro though. Be it NBA, G league or overseas. But I could see him coming back too neither would surprise me too much. He seems to love it at Iowa.
Scoring would definitely be the big question mark, but then again it’s Fran and Iowa so I can’t imagine us struggling that bad on offense.

As an aside I personally think Wieskamp is more likely to go than Garza. Wieskamp already went through the process once. Whether or not we perceived Joe to having an up and down year it kinda in a way doesn’t matter. The NBA drafts on potential. I’m not saying I think Joe is good enough personally just that I won’t be surprised if he goes. Garza I don’t know at this point. He’s had an amazing year honestly but still has very little NBA hype. Seems like he might go the four year route like a Malcolm Brogdon and then see if he can carve out some role in the league down the road.

Toussaint
Bohannon
Fredrick
McCaffery
Nunge
McCaffery
Ogundele
Ulis
Perkins
Murray
Murray

Good question. I could see something akin to a "5 out" lineup of Joe T, Bohannon, Frederick, McCaffery, and Nunge. It'd be fun to watch us jack up about 45 threes per game. That sort of lineup could almost run something like Bo Ryan's swing offense.

Scoring would definitely be the big question mark, but then again it’s Fran and Iowa so I can’t imagine us struggling that bad on offense.

As an aside I personally think Wieskamp is more likely to go than Garza. Wieskamp already went through the process once. Whether or not we perceived Joe to having an up and down year it kinda in a way doesn’t matter. The NBA drafts on potential. I’m not saying I think Joe is good enough personally just that I won’t be surprised if he goes. Garza I don’t know at this point. He’s had an amazing year honestly but still has very little NBA hype. Seems like he might go the four year route like a Malcolm Brogdon and then see if he can carve out some role in the league down the road.
Your guesses on them boys is just as good as mine. I'm not too much of a draft geek and I really don't know what their competition is for those spots either. Hope they both come back. As crowded as that'd make things I'd rather have that problem then what we currently have with a short bench.

Latest posts