What do you do on bye weeks?

Work on my internet coaching skills. Actually, setting up a little 2 day fishing trip with my dad to the mighty Mississippi.

While in the boat, we'll reminisce how good Iowa football used to be back in the day.

Do you remember Owen Gill? He was the best, man. I love you, man.

You're not getting my Bud Light.....

Last bye week, I was at fall baseball all day with my kids.

This time, I'll have nothing to do. If I choose, I'll watch all the other games, drink a few beers, maybe play some guitar and/or go to the gym (usually the gym trip is before the games/beers, or not at all).

If I'm not choosing, I could end up at a pumpkin patch, haunted houses, six flags, in my yard working ... I acutally shudder to think about all the possiblities.

This is precisely why I try not to disclose when bye weeks occur until sometime on saturday.

Good non-disclosure strategy.

Also, 100% right that you have to hit the gym before the first beer, or it ain't happening.

room at the Y - Andy Griffith told Barny, "Hey barn you should go to Raleigh, really live it up, get yourself a room at the Y....."

If someone told you "on the offensive side of the ball, the team that appears to be trying the hardest with the smallest resultant gain in yardage shall be declared the game's winner - huzzah!!!" you would think "hey, the hawks are lookin pretty durn good this year!"

Unfortunately for all of us, that is not how the game works. Accordingly, I will be utilizing the bye week to marshal up the patience to get me through at least 5 more (7 more, if HawkNick gets his birthday wish) Iowa football games.

To the OP - the majority of us don’t have other “healthy" hobbies like normal people, is that what you wanted to hear?

Latest posts