What do you do on bye weeks?

LG210

What do you do on bye week Saturdays?

Sleep in?

Catch up with yard work?

Watch football and wish that Iowa was playing?

TELL ME WHAT YOU DO!

I go on a weekend trip with the wife. Try to make up for seeing her much on the weekends for the past 7 weeks or so.

wish that Iowa was playing?
!
Why ruin a perfectly good Saturday?

Seriously though, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Why ruin a perfectly good Saturday?

Seriously though, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Well played, Boat.

BTW-do you know your fellow Grimean, DJL?

I still watch college football all day. This is my favorite time of year and though I should get out more and enjoy it, not when it interferes with the football!

I love college football so when Iowa is off, I can flip around and enjoy the other games. In some ways, watching other teams is more enjoyable than watching Iowa:

1) I'm not emotionally invested so close games are always really fun to watch (during Iowa's last bye weekend, the games were crazy)
2) Its good to catch up on & compare teams from other conferences and other BIG teams to what I've seen from Iowa
3) When Iowa loses it puts a damper on the rest of the games and many times I will avoid watching football all together, Iowa can't lose on a bye weekend
4) As much as this stings to type, Iowa is really boring to watch sometimes, particularly with this horizontal passing offense

With all that being said, there is nothing better than Iowa playing & winning an 11am start game and having the rest of the day to enjoy other college football games.

Kirk Ferentz photo on dart board.
Kirk Ferentz voodoo doll.
Kirk Ferentz is TOAST (literally toast that looks like Ferentz)

Usually try to get in some video games. One of the remaining vestiges of my youth but I'm lucky if I play an hour a week anymore.

Work on my internet coaching skills. Actually, setting up a little 2 day fishing trip with my dad to the mighty Mississippi.

While in the boat, we'll reminisce how good Iowa football used to be back in the day.

Last bye week, I was at fall baseball all day with my kids.

This time, I'll have nothing to do. If I choose, I'll watch all the other games, drink a few beers, maybe play some guitar and/or go to the gym (usually the gym trip is before the games/beers, or not at all).

If I'm not choosing, I could end up at a pumpkin patch, haunted houses, six flags, in my yard working ... I acutally shudder to think about all the possiblities.

This is precisely why I try not to disclose when bye weeks occur until sometime on saturday.

kibcbl9pwolqrmo4f9oh.png