What did the anti-Ferentz Crowd Think of Saturday?

Dude, if Iowa has probation that includes recruiting restrictions and a scholarship restriction and goes on to win 9 games (MSU won 10 that year because they beat Florida in a bowl game and that was back in the 11 game seasons) I would think it was a miracle. Shit, the guy beat Michigan and Ohio State in the same year. He got TJ Duckett and Plaxico Burress to go to East Lansing. That is not mediocrity, bud. And winning the title at LSU is not mediocrity. He left LSU for the pros, otherwise he might be in the midst of a ridiculous streak of titles there.

Uh, Les Miles also won a title at LSU. Just sayin'

Dude, if Iowa has probation that includes recruiting restrictions and a scholarship restriction and goes on to win 9 games (MSU won 10 that year because they beat Florida in a bowl game and that was back in the 11 game seasons) I would think it was a miracle. Shit, the guy beat Michigan and Ohio State in the same year. He got TJ Duckett and Plaxico Burress to go to East Lansing. That is not mediocrity, bud. And winning the title at LSU is not mediocrity. He left LSU for the pros, otherwise he might be in the midst of a ridiculous streak of titles there.

Dantonio has had more success at MSU than Saban would have IMO.

Dantonio has had more success at MSU than Saban would have IMO.
I disagree. Dantonio has been blessed by the turmoil at Michigan, which has really bolstered MSU. I think if Saban were operating in that vacuum, he would have been just as good or better. But one edge to Dantonio is he has been fantastic with QB talent up there, so it would be a close battle for supremacy between the two of them.

Saban won a title at LSU, dude. He got MSU up to 9 wins in his last year and they were on probation due to Perles when Saban took over. He wasn't just "moderately successful." Saban is a slightly less risk averse version of Ferentz with a vastly superior recruiting base.

I will give Saban this and that is his players play hard for him and he genuinely seems to care about his players. He is a good coach. I hope his program is clean. It would be virtually impossible to control all boosters. What Carrol did over at USC was over the top.

BidD, so true. Up 1, rebuild 3, up 1, rebuild 3. Wisconsin turned the corner into a true “program” with position depth, quality recruits, organizational culture and a coach with insights KF will never again have. Wisconsin proved it can be done in the Big10 West, just like an OSU or an Alabama. The happenstance of KF’s odd losses and even odder wins will continue … probably in a good way against Wisconsin in a few weeks. And on the upside as well, even while BF is still learning how to swim, his presence may be enough to rekindle KF’s interest in the game of football.

BidD, so true. Up 1, rebuild 3, up 1, rebuild 3. Wisconsin turned the corner into a true “program” with position depth, quality recruits, organizational culture and a coach with insights KF will never again have. Wisconsin proved it can be done in the Big10 West, just like an OSU or an Alabama. The happenstance of KF’s odd losses and even odder wins will continue … probably in a good way against Wisconsin in a few weeks. And on the upside as well, even while BF is still learning how to swim, his presence may be enough to rekindle KF’s interest in the game of football.
The "Kirk has lost his interest in the game" rhetoric is so dumb, all you have to do is watch the man during a big win, or a blown call to see he still has passion for the game. From what I can tell he's not the type of guy to keep doing it only to cash a check.

Bo Schembechler has the most wins as the Michigan HC.

Bo Schembechler has the most losses as the Michigan HC.

Bo Schembechler has the most wins as the Michigan HC.

Bo Schembechler has the most losses as the Michigan HC.
Bo Schembechler winning % at Michigan: .801

Kirk Ferentz winning % at Iowa: .597

tenor.gif

Latest posts