What did the anti-Ferentz Crowd Think of Saturday?

I tend to agree with this. I would definitely have taken Stoops and shut down the search. But since the administration decided to make Stoops wait, we lost our best chance at the next level coach. Never know though, recruiting would still be paramount. Selling Iowa isnt easy.

I think a guy who's family was so dedicated that they made the drive to every home game from Ohio despite the elder Stoops coaching high school ball the night before...for 3 boys...could sell Iowa pretty well.. #41 at IOWA will always say "Stoops" on the back.

Last edited:
Well, tksirius? We’re waiting! You have the floor. Let her rip!
You mean she is a drag queen this week?
giphy.gif

Population of Iowa - 3.1 million
Largest City in Iowa - Des Moines (215K)
Average amount of D1 recruits in Iowa per year - 10-15 (maybe?)
Power 5 schools in Iowa - 2

Iowa didn't start winning until they brought in coaches who could recruit out of state. When Fry came in and brought recruits from Texas with him Iowa started winning, Ferentz has done well recruiting the east coast. No other Big Ten team has the recruiting challenges that Iowa has or a smaller recruiting base. We are in one of the smallest populated states, I think only Nebraska is smaller, and Iowa has to battle with Iowa State for what few D1 recruits the state produces.

Iowa will not consistently get the 4/5 star recruits to come here, they may get a couple of 4 star recruits per year and have to develop the 2/3 star recruits. In that scenario the best you can hope for is 7/8 wins per year with an occasional 10 win with a B10 run about every 4 years. That's exactly what Ferentz has produced. Granted I've been frustrated with the in game coaching from time to time but the bottom line is Ferentz has kept us bowl eligible every year with an occasional thrill of being a top 10 team.

I can't wait to hear from the "anti Ferentz" crowd! :)

Show me the quote where I said KF was a fraud and I'll address your question.
Sorry, you did not use the word fraud, but basically said being the programs all time win leader is not impressive because of the amount of time he's been here. He's been here the same amount of time as the man he passed, so it is impressive it's not like it took him another 10 years to accomplish the feat. If that would be the case I'd agree with your statement not that impressive. But in this circumstance it truly is.

Last edited:
Jeff Fisher's winning % is .509

This is perhaps more impressive than Kirk's given the fact that Iowa's schedule (not the only one) is set to produce about a 6-6 season with no head coach in place.

NFL teams all have professional talent and upsets are common. Salary cap.

Kirk has been at Iowa a long time, and will stay much longer. Takes time to groom the acceptable replacement.

Jeff Fisher's winning % is .509

This is perhaps more impressive than Kirk's given the fact that Iowa's schedule (not the only one) is set to produce about a 6-6 season with no head coach in place.

NFL teams all have professional talent and upsets are common. Salary cap.

Kirk has been at Iowa a long time, and will stay much longer. Takes time to groom the acceptable replacement.

As a Houston Oiler / Tennessee Titan fan ....... no. Jeff Fisher was not a great coach. Just like Jerry Glanville. A lot of damn talk.

That was at Auburn, though. They are known for playing fast and loose with the rules.

Aside from Vanderbilt, which has had different problems, name an $EC program that hasn't had NCAA issues in your lifetime.

I'll answer that: you CAN'T name an $EC school that hasn't had NCAA issues in your lifetime. It's simply the culture of the conference and its member schools.

"Implication" is everything on this board. You didn't HAVE to spell it out, a history of posts pretty much shows it.
Then the posts should be easy for you to find and share with the board. I know you are lying about this. If you don't want the rest of the board to think of you as a liar as well, you should find the posts where I called KF a fraud.

Sorry, you did not use the word fraud, but basically said being the programs all time win leader is not impressive because of the amount of time he's been here. He's been here the same amount of time as the man he passed, so it is impressive it's not like it took him another 10 years to accomplish the feat. If that would be the case I'd agree with your statement not that impressive. But in this circumstance it truly is.
You are entitled to your opinion. Just don't put words in my mouth.

The main thing I've learned from this thread is that with wins per year as criteria both Ferentz and Fry both suck equally.

And the general consensus is that Fry sucked in a more sexy way.

Then the posts should be easy for you to find and share with the board. I know you are lying about this. If you don't want the rest of the board to think of you as a liar as well, you should find the posts where I called KF a fraud.

You're certainly exhausting. You REALLY think I CARE if the "rest of the board" thinks I'm a "liar"?

You constantly impugn KF. You call his boss Gutless Gary. Repeatedly. Over. And. Over.

So...show us all your supportive posts on behalf of KF.

<<I know you are lying about this>>

About what? That he made an excellent post, and that you're full of shit, and miss no opportunities to dump on KF and Barta?

You're certainly exhausting. You REALLY think I CARE if the "rest of the board" thinks I'm a "liar"?

You constantly impugn KF. You call his boss Gutless Gary. Repeatedly. Over. And. Over.

So...show us all your supportive posts on behalf of KF.
Because he IS Gutless Gary. Repeatedly. He has shown himself to be gutless, over and over. He's a liar just like you are.

Latest posts