What did the anti-Ferentz Crowd Think of Saturday?

Woody Hayes has the most wins as the Ohio State HC.

Woody Hayes has the most losses as the Ohio State HC

Woody Hayes has the most wins as the Ohio State HC.

Woody Hayes has the most losses as the Ohio State HC
Woody Hayes winning % at Ohio St: .770

Kirk Ferentz winning % at Iowa: .597

Embarrassed-Dog-Cringes-At-The-Thought-Of-Its-Past-Mistakes.gif

I’m amazed at those that say they are only critics of KF but call out Rob for trolling them.

Second thought ..... no, no I’m not amazed at all. Selfie-trolls are hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
BidD, so true. Up 1, rebuild 3, up 1, rebuild 3. Wisconsin turned the corner into a true “program” with position depth, quality recruits, organizational culture and a coach with insights KF will never again have. Wisconsin proved it can be done in the Big10 West, just like an OSU or an Alabama. The happenstance of KF’s odd losses and even odder wins will continue … probably in a good way against Wisconsin in a few weeks. And on the upside as well, even while BF is still learning how to swim, his presence may be enough to rekindle KF’s interest in the game of football.

I certainly hope so. It’s mind blowing how a coach can finish below the top 100 on offense and still have a job and we aren’t even talking yet about four million dollar salary. I would be willing give him more credit if you could see attempts to improve things but there is no evident offensive schemes but nooooooooooo it’s the same ole same ole. Being stubborn and proud doesn’t work well often times.

Ole urban thought hell no I am not stacking seven or eight in the box to beat little ole IOWA. My players are far superior and we will easily win out in the second half playing straight up. There was far more talent on his team then we played all year. If he had stacked the box with that talent we probably lose our QB for year due to injury. Pride and stubbornness can be a terrible thing. Thanks Urby for the win yah foooooooolllllllllll.

I will give Saban this and that is his players play hard for him and he genuinely seems to care about his players. He is a good coach. I hope his program is clean. It would be virtually impossible to control all boosters. What Carrol did over at USC was over the top.
No way in hell.

I will give Saban this and that is his players play hard for him and he genuinely seems to care about his players. He is a good coach. I hope his program is clean. It would be virtually impossible to control all boosters. What Carrol did over at USC was over the top.
His program is NOT clean. He can't control what boosters do.

No way in hell.

No way you HOPE or no way he is clean?

My feeling on this matter is that when he first started out he probably took what ever help he could get. Then MAYBE after he got started and he got the snow ball a rolling it took on a life of its own.

I only gave him a little credit due to the emotion he showed on television after his last championship where he started to choke up when talking about his players. Most dirty people are not likely to show that kind of emotion because they are so consumed in themselves. However there are people out there who should get academy awards for putting on such great act.

Let's not forget, though, that the WR scholly situation was due to The Greatness of Willie Guy waiting in the wings. I started going gray by the time he finally made it to Iowa City!
I was a student in the mid to late eighties and don't remember hearing the name Willie Guy until at least 1989 but my recollection doesn't mean much. Here's what I do know:

We had several solid WR recruits after Smith and Early. Travis Watkins and Danan Hughes come to mind.

Anthony Dean and Harold Jasper were a part of Willie Guy's incoming recruiting class and both ended up having better careers.

I went grey in the time he was on campus but not eligible to play. He showed up in fall 1990. It was late October 1992, the Ohio State game, before he finally saw the field. When a kickoff sailed in his direction the whole stadium held it's collective breath.

The real Willie Guy showed up two or three years later. Tim Dwight was as exciting a player as Iowa has had in my lifetime.

Bob Stoops would have signed and stuck around.
I tend to agree with this. I would definitely have taken Stoops and shut down the search. But since the administration decided to make Stoops wait, we lost our best chance at the next level coach. Never know though, recruiting would still be paramount. Selling Iowa isnt easy.

No way you HOPE or no way he is clean?

My feeling on this matter is that when he first started out he probably took what ever help he could get. Then MAYBE after he got started and he got the snow ball a rolling it took on a life of its own.

I only gave him a little credit due to the emotion he showed on television after his last championship where he started to choke up when talking about his players. Most dirty people are not likely to show that kind of emotion because they are so consumed in themselves. However there are people out there who should get academy awards for putting on such great act.
Yeah, I mean there is no way that program is clean. If it's not directly dirty from within, it's got slime coming in from without.

Latest posts