Whar Ferentz Haters?

Its just that your setting yourself for more angst than happiness. 1) cause KF is likely the HC for 7 more years and 2) if 9 wins is your minimal expectation, it goes against history and all known data. However, you are welcome to you opinion.

3) you just seem really angst-y.

My grip is just fine.

When did I ever say 9 wins was the expectation every year? Find the post and I'll change my opinion immediately on KF.

You feel sorry for me about my opinion on a guy that makes 4 mil a year and a group of 20 something's that neither you or I know personally? lol Get a grip man.

When did I ever say 9 wins was the expectation every year? Find the post and I'll change my opinion immediately on KF.

Well, 8 doesn't seem to have ya too happy so...

Hey fella, don't sweat it. You want KF gone, not gonna happen so enjoy the next 7 years.

Peace to the non believers.

MH, how about this....since you say you're not a KF hater, but were critical of KF decision making, right? Why not just admit you were wrong about him and let it go? If KF would have lost the last 4, I would have conceded that he needed to go or next year would be the year he had to make it or break it. Be happy. Heck were 8-4!!! We exceeded expectations. Going to probably go to a January 1 bowl game. I would say that most should be pretty pleased with KF. You know, since he is the head coach and all, and the ol' bucks stops with him. I say since he is accountable for losing, he should get credit for winning.

Seriously, how you Ferentz haters feeling right about now? You guys made us feel like crap after the Northwestern win, and again after the Michigan win, now what are you guys going to say to make us feel like crap after beating Nebraska on the road?

Come on, give me something!

relax man. just entertainment. we all pull a Pelini from time to time. also, there really aren't many on here who are "anti" KF. but i'm sure that's been said over 100+ posts.

1) I don't "hate" Ferentz.
2) I'm pretty sure I've never attacked the apologists for being apologists, let alone bullied them into "feeling like crap", even though they continue to suffer extreme myopia and blatantly gloss over the numerous gaffes that have directly resulted in losses and near losses over the past 6 or so seasons.

Sorry to fall short of your request to "make you feel like crap" -- really no interest in that, anyway -- but here are a few things that, if they got corrected, might actually allow a 9 or 10 win team to win 9 or 10, rather than struggle to win 8:
-- Greg Davis;
-- Bullock before Canzeri, Christensen before Stanzi, etc;
-- Weisman, stretch left, short side of the field;
-- Kirt chastising his (team, staff, backup QB?) on national TV for scoring too much;
-- 1 for 8 defending fake punts; numerous onside kicks, etc
-- clock management.

Now, I will say, this was about as good a strategical game Kirt and staff have coached in several seasons -- excellent use of timeouts to calm down the team before the field goal and (ultimate) fake punt to run out the regular D to defend against the fakes. Actually sticking with an aggressive game plan when it was successful, rather than going fetal in hopes of not losing.

But, before you go celebrating the 3rd coming of Ferentz, you really need to hope that he's realizing he just needs to get the hell out of the way so guys like Phil Parker can restore Iowa's reputation for physicality along with allowing it to evolve in it's relentless attacking style.

Good Post. I like Ferentz as a person, but his mind-blowing game-day decisions and micro-management have cost the Hawks plenty of wins.

Seriously, how you Ferentz haters feeling right about now? You guys made us feel like crap after the Northwestern win, and again after the Michigan win, now what are you guys going to say to make us feel like crap after beating Nebraska on the road?

Come on, give me something!

We finally stopped a fake punt!! I'm back on the Ferentz bandwagon!!

Hey Pal -- are you happy with 8 wins and a New Years Bowl game or is that not good enough for you?

Your problem is that you are with the gang that is never satisfied and always raising the expectation bar without stating the expectation . Please state what record would make you happy?

But, your opinion just doesn't matter. It's coated by such a thick layer of non-objectivity (which smells like hate), that it just doesn't count for anything more than noise.

But, your opinion just doesn't matter. It's coated by such a thick layer of non-objectivity (which smells like hate), that it just doesn't count for anything more than noise.

Ring ring ring we have a winner! MH is impossible to please. He'll find something to whine about no matter what the outcome is. At first I wasted time disagreeing with him. Now I realize we're all better off just laughing at him. Can't please everyone.

Great season Hawks! Glad most of Hawkeye Nation is reunited again. Will be a much more entertaining offseason on the boards without so much hatred going on.

I don't think so. There have been times where I get frustrated with KF and the staff. As was pointed out to me, KF is the head coach. Ultimately he is responsible and accountable for the football team. Criticize, debate, or whatever. I just think it's only fair if one can criticize KF and his staff, also give credit where it is deserved. Most expected 6-6. Were 8-4 and potentially heading to the Outback Bowl. KF and company at least deserve some respect for that.
I give KF kudos for this unexpected 8-4 season. But do I think this 8-4 season deserves 2+ more seasons of KF? No. Time to move on. Every other school has. Just as an example, Minnesota moved on this year. Minnesota and Iowa will be a rivalry, again. Hope Iowa can keep up. You know I'll be upset if Iowa can't keep up.

Last edited:
I still hate the Ferentz offensive system. If anything Ferentz has done over the last 15 years, it's been pretty solid defenses year in and year out. Sure he sends offensive linemen and TE's to the NFL, but his running game is overrated in my opinion.
And his preferred tailbacks have fullback speed. I don't know, maybe he wants to run more time off the clock?

Why do you guys perpetuate this myth about KF's acumen in developing players? I agree, he can take the '1 and 2 star' high schoolers and develop them into playing in his system (which isn't all that hard since KF's system doesn't really use the athleticism of athletes). Conversely, KF doesn't have any ability in developing the 'high star' athletes (unless you believe teaching them how to block is developing them).

nice bounce back season for the hawks but ferentz is still worth minus 7 points per game. That minus 7 adds up to the difference between being unranked and ranked in the top 15 right now.

nice bounce back season for the hawks but ferentz is still worth minus 7 points per game. That minus 7 adds up to the difference between being unranked and ranked in the top 15 right now.

Wow, there isn't a thing in your post that is correct. We would be 9-3 right now if you are correct about Ferentz (which you are NOT). 9-3 Wisconsin is ranked #21, we wouldn't even be that high.

So all in all, I rate your post as a complete FAIL

connie is ranked 21 now because they LOST yesterday. and you disagree that ferentz costs Iowa 7 points per game?

Good Post. I like Ferentz as a person, but his mind-blowing game-day decisions and micro-management have cost the Hawks plenty of wins.

Yep. But that kind of rational thinking is too complex for some on this site, OP being a prime example.

connie is ranked 21 now because they LOST yesterday. and you disagree that ferentz costs Iowa 7 points per game?

I disagree because there is no way to come up with that number in a reliable way. Sure, you might argue that poor time management, playcalling, and general conservatism costs roughly 7 points a game, but that's not the end of the computation. How many points does Ferentz's ability to prepare his team for the game add? Kirk's a pretty poor game day coach. That doesn't make him a bad coach, especially since Iowa program depends and will always depend on player development and fundamental execution.

Yep. But that kind of rational thinking is too complex for some on this site, OP being a prime example.

There is a difference between criticizing some of his decisions and calling for his job.

Even those that support Ferentz understand he has shortcomings but guess what, every coach does.