We're Not Really Beating Many Out

That's a ******** argument...

You know how I know that?

Ever go to senior day and you've NEVER HEARD of half the players?

You wanna build your team around 1 star athletes because we hit a couple grand slams? Well guess what, even the great Kirk ******* Ferentz - one of the great developers of talent in the game, one of the great eyes of unwanted talent, still is batting around .100 in this game.

You are aware that most of those are walkons right?

I am not some recruiting expert but the great majority of those announced on Senior Day that I have never heard of are guys that weren't offered a scholarship.

Hey, our class is ranked 26 right now by rivals with 3 guys not even being rated yet. So, whatever they are doing, keep it up. The Sanders, Gallery, etc. arguments are feel good stories (although worn out), but if you want to win--recruit great players. Its not rocket science.

Holy snikes...really??!?! You may have noticed I said it likely would but how much...would we start signing 15 to 18…. 4 stars a year?

You may have noticed I said it would likely make a really big one. 15 to 18 4*? No, you're right Iowa would likely have to relocate. I guess it depends on what your definition of a really big difference is. Iowa averages somewhere around 3 **** recruits a year if I had to guess. I'm guessing that if Iowa were to win a couple of national championships it would be closer to 10. I would call that a really big difference. Also, what does snikes mean;), and are you from Colfax?

You may have noticed I said it would likely make a really big one. 15 to 18 4*? No, you're right Iowa would likely have to relocate. I guess it depends on what your definition of a really big difference is. Iowa averages somewhere around 3 **** recruits a year if I had to guess. I'm guessing that if Iowa were to win a couple of national championships it would be closer to 10. I would call that a really big difference. Also, what does snikes mean;), and are you from Colfax?

No way.....Nebbie never signed theat many as a general rule and neither would we. As far as colfax goes...no, may have ben thru there once, does that count....:D

No way.....Nebbie never signed theat many as a general rule and neither would we. As far as colfax goes...no, may have ben thru there once, does that count....:D

Nobody has ever gone to Colfax, and left.:D Their school is the Colfax-Mingo Tigerhawks. I thought maybe you were a class of '99 C-M Hawk.

Nebby has averaged 8.3 **** per class the last three years. Their still living off national titles that are 15+ years old.

Nobody has ever gone to Colfax, and left.:D Their school is the Colfax-Mingo Tigerhawks. I thought maybe you were a class of '99 C-M Hawk.

Nebby has averaged 8.3 **** per class the last three years. Their still living off national titles that are 15+ years old.

Didnt use too and I graduated from Fairfield in 1988.

Nobody has ever gone to Colfax, and left.:D Their school is the Colfax-Mingo Tigerhawks. I thought maybe you were a class of '99 C-M Hawk.Nebby has averaged 8.3 **** per class the last three years. Their still living off national titles that are 15 years old.

This is true, I left Colfax for 12 years but was pulled back in.

Hey, our class is ranked 26 right now by rivals with 3 guys not even being rated yet. So, whatever they are doing, keep it up. The Sanders, Gallery, etc. arguments are feel good stories (although worn out), but if you want to win--recruit great players. Its not rocket science.

It is mostly about not recruiting guys who will melt down or fall apart. How many games come down to gameplans, playcalling, execution, and adjustments despite huge variations in the "talent" of recruits?

Sure, superstars win games (RG3), but how many games are lost by ultra-talented players who make stupid mistakes?

Seriously, how does Iowa's producion of pro-quality players correlate to successful Iowa football seasons?

I guess, if Iowa fans concentrate on the number of pro quality football players Iowa produces, then 7-5 or even 6-6 seasons won't matter, and explains why KF isn't on a hot seat and a scapegoat is.

How does an Iowa fan satisfy their urge (I'm guessing they have an urge) for a successful football team? Latch on to an appropriate winning pro team?

And some of you guys blast Nebraska fans for being rubes....

Last edited:
Seriously, how does Iowa's producion of pro-quality players correlate to successful Iowa football seasons?

I guess, if Iowa fans concentrate on the number of pro quality football players Iowa produces, then 7-5 or even 6-6 seasons won't matter, and explains why KF isn't on a hot seat and a scapegoat is.

How does an Iowa fan satisfy their urge (I'm guessing they have an urge) for a successful football team? Latch on to an appropriate winning pro team?

Friend it’s too hard to explain if you aren't already there......it all starts with the talent. Every talented team struggles......just look around. But a team poor in talent is hard to resurrect over nite....if that doesn’t help then it is what it is…

Injuries have derailed pretty much entire position groups during the past couple years. Iowas starting unit is as talented as most of the teams out there. Its the depth that puts us in a rough spot. We lose a lot of guys to injury every year, 6-6 or 7-5 is going to be the norm.

Ferentz... without a doubt, bar none.... absolutely is the best evaluator of High School Football playing talent and the development of the talent thru 3, 4, or 5 years and preparation for the NFL (CFL AND AFL) in college football today.

I am waaaay too lazy to do the research and back it with any numbers or actual research but I'm waiting for anyone to prove me wrong.

Some would say he is the BEST coach in college football because he prepares them for their chosen future professional career along with getting a college education and preparation for life.

If only... and maybe with the coaching changes, slight changes in coaching philosophy, and improved in-game management... Ferentz becomes THE BEST coach in college football and the Hawkeyes win a couple of BiG Ten Championships over the next few years along with the ultimate prize... a Mythical National Championship.

I love the fact that the staff is going out and getting the recruits they want before the fall evaluations. These are players that they may have waited on in previous years thinking they were going to land bigger fish. Who knows, after the fall these players may be the bigger fish everyone was waiting to see how they did.

Can anyone explain penn st and Illinois recruiting success this year?? Illinois hardly sells out their games,And new first year coach. I don't know about their facilities. Penn state also has a first year coach, and needless to say all of the negative attention they have received the last year

Can anyone explain penn st and Illinois recruiting success this year?? Illinois hardly sells out their games,And new first year coach. I don't know about their facilities. Penn state also has a first year coach, and needless to say all of the negative attention they have received the last year

You may have answered your own question. First year coaches quite often have pretty good classes. Also, Penn State really has no competition in the NE for recruits.

I think we can just let this one die. The OP was just trolling. He hasn't been on the boards in three days, a sign he didn't give a **** about a true response, just wanted to rile people up.

Latest posts