We’re going to be everyone’s upset pick

This board is going to get napalmed when Iowa loses. Like it never has before.

"Can't have nice things"
"We always know our place"
"We're supposed to be Iowa nice"
" Fran relied on Connor and JBo too much"
"Our guards can't handle pressure"
"Lights were too bright for them"
"Choke city, again"
"Fran is clueless"
"He played his bench too much"
"He played his starters too much"

Oh, it's a comin'. Sure as the hastas will be coming out of the ground soon.
Fran favors his own kids. Terrible way to award minutes!

That was so nice to watch those Thursday and Friday evening conference championship games knowing that we already had our win in the bank. Especially being in a Wisconsin bar watching their Bucky's put up a dud.
I live in Sheboygan Falls. Born in Red Oak, Iowa. Grew up in Rock Rapids. U.of I. Grad. Teacher/Coach in CR. To WI in 1981 into administration.

I live in Sheboygan Falls. Born in Red Oak, Iowa. Grew up in Rock Rapids. U.of I. Grad. Teacher/Coach in CR. To WI in 1981 into administration.

Have you ever had brats from that one place in Sheboygan? OMG. The only redeeming thing about that state. Well, that and the curds. Jesus, I'd stab a man in the eye for a pound of those curds right now.

Watching a condensed replay of yesterday's game on BTN. Two additional thoughts.

Perkins is the kind of physical combo guard that every team in this league has seemed to have but us. Well, we got one now.

Sandfort is going to take up mantle from guys like CMac and Brad Davison as being that "opponent you love to hate" I can see him having a strong mental/psychological aspect to his game in the future.

Have you ever had brats from that one place in Sheboygan? OMG. The only redeeming thing about that state. Well, that and the curds. Jesus, I'd stab a man in the eye for a pound of those curds right now.
I lived in Sheboygan a few years back. Miesfelds brats was right down the road from me.

His coaching definitely hurt us in other years, from the inability to execute in close games to the way his teams faded late in the season. When he matched up with the the Izzo's and Bo Ryan's and Thad Matta's of the world the difference was obvious.

I think first and foremost he has learned to pace his team through a season and make sure they weren't worn out by the end. He has also toned down the bench antics a bit. It's All helped.
Where the heck is ol red face now, anyway?

Remember that Minnesota game? Fell behind by 8 or 9 early in the second half? Couldn't stop Luc Loewe?

Could have been the turning point of the season. Let that one slip away and we're 4-7 in the league.

What a turnaround to come all the way back.

I've said on this board a couple times before the same as you. I think that Minnesota game was when it all changed and they started to play better or consistently better on D and rebounding.

Watching a condensed replay of yesterday's game on BTN. Two additional thoughts.

Perkins is the kind of physical combo guard that every team in this league has seemed to have but us. Well, we got one now.

Sandfort is going to take up mantle from guys like CMac and Brad Davison as being that "opponent you love to hate" I can see him having a strong mental/psychological aspect to his game in the future.

I really don't get that from Sandfort. I don't see a dirty or nasty side to him. I see him more like a Matt Painter. As the years go by, opposing teams just want him gone but respect him.

Sandford most reminds me of Weiscamp, but with more fire and personality. I always thought JWs biggest weakness was he was too reserved and cerebral. Based on a small sample size of his shooting, he reminds me of a combination of Kyle Korver and JW, but he has some attitude to his game that I like.

I really don't get that from Sandfort. I don't see a dirty or nasty side to him. I see him more like a Matt Painter. As the years go by, opposing teams just want him gone but respect him.
I don't think Sandfort will be dirty, just annoying.

Big difference between the two of course.

Heard a "sports minute" this morning. Boomer Esiason talking NCAA tournament. He picked Both Pudue and Iowa to get to the final four and Iowa as the national champs. :)

All I'm saying is that when national media starts to really hype up an Iowa FB or BB team, people drink the Kool-Aid like they haven't had a drop of water in years, and then when they flop at some point everyone here starts in with the nuclear meltdown shit.

What's really hilarious is that everyone here says the pundits are full of shit windbags 99.9999% of the time, but Dick Vitale puts the Hawks in the natty game and all of a sudden they're geniuses.

I hope like hell Vitale is right, but let's at least be honest with ourselves. If they lose to Richmond or Providence, @HaydenHawk56 and a bunch of others are going to be right back on the Fran Sucks Train talking about how the Hawks are fake news.
Oh come on Fry.

Oh come on Fry.
I said I think the Hawks are going to win this game. And yes, the meltdown is happening because everyone is seeing the world through Dickie V glasses. Read the game thread.

Dick Vitale has about as many marbles as Lee Corso, but when he puts the Hawks in the finals all of a sudden he's Stephen Hawking.

I said I think the Hawks are going to win this game. And yes, the meltdown is happening because everyone is seeing the world through Dickie V glasses. Read the game thread.

Dick Vitale has about as many marbles as Lee Corso, but when he puts the Hawks in the finals all of a sudden he's Stephen Hawking.
My come on is for calling me out saying I'm going to go on some meltdown. Not happening, I'm proud of this team regardless.

Latest posts