We’re going to be everyone’s upset pick

Teams that made runs last year, Arkansas, Alabama, Houston, Baylor, the Pac12 teams, were loaded with athletic 6'7, 6'8 guys inside and pit bull guards.

As good as Garza was he cut into our team speed a bit, and it was noticeable against Oregon, CJ and Wiesy could be exploited defensively as well.

Our team this year resembles the teams I mentioned above who made runs last year. That's why I remain confident that we are better set up for a run than we have at any time in the Fran era.
What has gone under the radar is Perk's ability to play both guard spots. When it was money time in this tournament it was Perk at the point and Jbo coming off screens at the 2.

We are peaking at the right time. Kids are playing hard and Fran made sure everyone lettered today. Lets see some kind of run behind a generational player.

We are peaking at the right time. Kids are playing hard and Fran made sure everyone lettered today. Lets see some kind of run behind a generational player.
Smoothest Iowa player I've ever seen besides Lester. And KM is six inches taller.

What has gone under the radar is Perk's ability to play both guard spots. When it was money time in this tournament it was Perk at the point and Jbo coming off screens at the 2.
Richmond has small guards, similar to Illinois'. While they may give Jbo fits I hope we post the living hell out of them.

Everyone has settled into their roles. Perkins as a slasher. Joe T as a Tasmanian devil off the bench. Kris as a second unit scorer. PMac as an unorthodox matchup nightmare. Sandfort as a sniper who is gradually showing off other aspects of his game.

It was beautiful to watch this weekend and I hope to see at least two more weekends of it.

You guys do know what happens literally every time national media hypes Iowa up in any sport, right?

Time to pump the brakes.

You guys do know what happens literally every time national media hypes Iowa up in any sport, right?

Time to pump the brakes.

Why? Do you actually think it makes a difference?

I've got them losing to Richmond BTW if that helps.

Why? Do you actually think it makes a difference?
All I'm saying is that when national media starts to really hype up an Iowa FB or BB team, people drink the Kool-Aid like they haven't had a drop of water in years, and then when they flop at some point everyone here starts in with the nuclear meltdown shit.

What's really hilarious is that everyone here says the pundits are full of shit windbags 99.9999% of the time, but Dick Vitale puts the Hawks in the natty game and all of a sudden they're geniuses.

I hope like hell Vitale is right, but let's at least be honest with ourselves. If they lose to Richmond or Providence, @HaydenHawk56 and a bunch of others are going to be right back on the Fran Sucks Train talking about how the Hawks are fake news.

All I'm saying is that when national media starts to really hype up an Iowa FB or BB team, people drink the Kool-Aid like they haven't had a drop of water in years, and then when they flop at some point everyone here starts in with the nuclear meltdown shit.

What's really hilarious is that everyone here says the pundits are full of shit windbags 99.9999% of the time, but Dick Vitale puts the Hawks in the natty game and all of a sudden they're geniuses.

I hope like hell Vitale is right, but let's at least be honest with ourselves. If they lose to Richmond or Providence, @HaydenHawk56 and a bunch of others are going to be right back on the Fran Sucks Train talking about how the Hawks are fake news.
Iowa can lose to Richmond and I'll still be thrilled about this team. Yeah I'll be disappointed but this team won the BTT!!! No matter what happens they've exceeded my expectations. Hell before the season started I was just hoping this team could be a bubble team.

Iowa can lose to Richmond and I'll still be thrilled about this team. Yeah I'll be disappointed but this team won the BTT!!! No matter what happens they've exceeded my expectations. Hell before the season started I was just hoping this team could be a bubble team.
They’ve way exceeded everyone’s expectations

You may have to ban me for a week, no a month, if we lose to Richmond. I cannot be held responsible for anything I post in the 48 hour period following that game. Fair warning.

Getting excited before games is half the fun of being a fan. You do you tho.

Oh I'm plenty excited. Seriously.

But I'm also not gonna revert back into "Fran sucks and this program sucks" mode like a whole bunch of people here when we lose.
You are right to be cautious.

I think we can handle Richmond. I'll be stunned if we don't win that one.

Providence is a very good team. That game is a tossup, in my mind, just like the 3 most recent games in the Big Ten Tournament.

Winning a championship for this team was very special and something to be celebrated. The question now is whether they can turn the page quickly and play with the same energy in the NCAA tournament, starting Thursday. It won't be easy, but I think they can do it.

I was a huge fan of Fran before this weekend and this only cements my opinion. He took a dumpster fire of a program and restored it to respectability, consistent winning, and national relevance (at least at a player level). The only thing missing from his resume at Iowa (or anywhere) is some tourney success (Iowa was runner up in the NIT in 2013, but....). A conference tourney title now puts him well past Alford. In my lifetime he sits third behind Mr. Davis and Lute as best coaches in the modern era. If he can guide this team deep into the tourney, he has a chance to be the all-time greatest. If he can't get over the Sweet 16 hump, well, he was still a hell of a good hire, IMHO.

I've said it for a very long time that this Iowa team is a NCAA Tournament team and can do some damage with the right players getting the minutes. I felt Iowa should of won more games but Player Minute distribution was horrible up until the last Month and a half. Those players are now getting those minutes and Iowa is rolling!!

I also was extremely harsh on CMAC and you were right ssc with regards to him and don't mind eating that crow. CMAC has proved me wrong.

Iowa will go as far as the Murray Twins, Perkins and Jbo take them!! Iowa in my view right now has one glaring weakness and it's Rebraca he needs to get stronger and is getting pushed around in the post.

Latest posts