Well, well WHAR the whiners?

Wait, I thought you were done commenting. LMAO, sit down grandpa. I buy my own tickets, glad they are giving 'em out to you at the senior citizen's home, or are you still watching on your black and white, with the rabbit ears?

Yeah I bet you do. I'm sure by 'buying your own tickets' you mean that you do the dishes and take out the garbage all week and your mommy lets you go to the game with daddy.

If all that mattered was wins and loses, Kirk would have made a point to openly express all the changes being made after 2012. There were way more loses that year but the fan backlash wasn't near as bad then as it was at the end of last year. It was fan reaction that forced Kirk to make changes and more than likely change quarterbacks. If fans were all hunky dory, would Kirk's standard 7-5 season really been the last straw for him to finally look in the mirror?

I have said from the beginning of all the criticism and the mediocre performances by Iowa football teams the last 5 years ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that those who think KF has lost his desire for winning due to his contract do not understand the mentality of people who coach at this level. The same goes for Gary Barta, although the progress he has made with athletic fund raising and the resulting improvements in facilities are far and away the priorities in his job...you can think otherwise, and that is fine, but you are wrong. .
LOL. Really, you've SAID IT FROM THE BEGINNING? Cuz you joined in Jan 2015. What was the other moniker you were using from 2010-December 2014?

I doubted KF. I thought he was done and we were going to have another mediocre season. I was wrong. And I have always said that I hope he proves me wrong. I started feeling a little more positive with recruiting this off-season and I'm feeling pretty good now; although still just cautiously optimistic.

To act like the fans voicing their displeasure had nothing to do with KF eventually making the changes that those same fans had been calling for for years is laughable.

Yes people wanted him gone, because no one in their right mind thought he would ever change his play not to lose philosophy that he had gone by for 16 years.

He wasn't going to "turn it around" doing it his old way, and the changes he did finally make should have been made years ago.

It was never personal. Haters is just a term used by people who allow their emotions to over rule logic.

It was in the best interest of the program for fans to put what pressure they could on the administration and KF.

KF may not read message boards but Mary Ferentz obviously does. She's the one that started this very thread! She also poses as HawkNick from time to time.

You need to give both defenses some credit in the 2nd half. Our offense was sputtering but it was to a pretty good WI defense.

I'll give you that the WI defense is the best we seen thusfar. But both Minn and Northwestern have better ones. So that makes me very nervous. If our offense plays like that against those two teams, we'll be shutout and it won't matter how bad their offenses are.

Where are we? We're right here waiting for you to thank us moron. It's because of the people who complained and stopped going to games that got a coach to make massive changes after 16 years in a position. We have been proven right in everything we said that was wrong with Kirk's insanely conservative coaching not to lose. So yeah, we're right here idiot.

You're welcome.

Again, a person who thinks the coaching staff looks at Hawkeye Nation and take their cues to improve from there. Wow.

If you think Kirk was happy with the way the season ended last year, you really need that "other think coming". No coach on the planet checks these types of forums for ideas.... heck, no coach on the planet checks these forums! These are fan outlets, not coaching knowledge bases.

Does this apply to the thread police occupying Hawkeyeland as well? Or do you also think the AD/Coach should have a type of job security that is far different than everyone who buys tickets?

Do you really think that angry posters on a football fan forum would be the reason a coach loses his job? There are some on here, as many have stated, that would complain about anything just to complain.

Wow. And you think I'm the one with comprehension issues. I you even bothered to read what I wrote I stated the fact that nobody is happy with mediocrity. Nobody is ignoring the fact that the results on the field haven't been up to our expectations since the Orange Bowl win. I get it, you think KF should have been fired already but I am 95% sure we wouldn't be 5-0 with a new coach so I for one am glad you don't make the decisions. Secondly, I specifically quoted a comment (hint: you replied to said comment) where someone said we should be thanking him for KF's change in strategy this year. That is flat out comical. So I will state it again in order to help you with your comprehension issues, the changes to KF's game plan have 100% to do with wins and losses and 0% to do with those who cry on message boards everyday. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help you out some more.

I've been saying this nearly every post I have in this thread. It's amazing how many posters believe all of their negative posts led to the changes that have occurred this year. I'll put it this way: negative posts ANYWHERE on this board have nothing at all to do with Kirk's job security. It's about the W/L ratio. And if any of you on this forum think you know more about football than Kirk, then go ahead and contact him personally and quit the whining on this board.

Hey dumb***, the truth hurts. I read your posts, the defend Kirk no matter what crew were wrong, admit it and move on. You fools that did not think anything needed changing were wrong, admit it and move on. Kirk listened to us malcontents (true Hawk fans that wanted us to change) and made some changes. You are the same dip***** that call into his call-in show.

I, for one, do think that there were some mistakes made and other issues. But no one can convince me that "Kirk listened to us malcontents". If you think he reads these posts and decides what to do from that, you are sadly mistaken... either that or you have an ego bigger than Texas. He may read these posts, but only for a good laugh.

I work in corporate IT; I certainly don't take any ideas from noobs and haxors on gaming boards and bring them into work.

It is tough being in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, but apparently you are mentally challenged. What do you think the outlet is for fan unhappiness? Yes, reduced ticket sales is one. Message boards are another, it is a cumulative effect that drove change, yes someone was listening, and they got the message, through surveys, through conversations with alums......and yes message boards. I contributed like quite a few alum to all of those. So once again, go back to your checkers board in the old folks home and concentrate...... we got this.

Yeah... right... complaining on a message board is what did it.... right... and you should meet my girlfriend.... yeah.... Morgan Fairchild.... yeah.....

If all that mattered was wins and loses, Kirk would have made a point to openly express all the changes being made after 2012. There were way more loses that year but the fan backlash wasn't near as bad then as it was at the end of last year. It was fan reaction that forced Kirk to make changes and more than likely change quarterbacks. If fans were all hunky dory, would Kirk's standard 7-5 season really been the last straw for him to finally look in the mirror?

You don't think having a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator had anything to do with the 2012 record? I think that's why there was less fan outcry. We are nothing if not patient here at Iowa.

And it wasn't the fact that we ended 7-5. It was the way the season ended. We lost 4 of the last 5 games. We were totally humiliated in two of those losses. We also should have won the other two losses; we had the win but couldn't hold on. THAT is what caused "him to finally look in the mirror". You can go ahead and believe that it's all the whiners and complainers on fan websites if you want, but it isn't true.

You don't think having a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator had anything to do with the 2012 record? I think that's why there was less fan outcry. We are nothing if not patient here at Iowa.

And it wasn't the fact that we ended 7-5. It was the way the season ended. We lost 4 of the last 5 games. We were totally humiliated in two of those losses. We also should have won the other two losses; we had the win but couldn't hold on. THAT is what caused "him to finally look in the mirror". You can go ahead and believe that it's all the whiners and complainers on fan websites if you want, but it isn't true.

Maybe try another post.....derp

I'll give you that the WI defense is the best we seen thusfar. But both Minn and Northwestern have better ones. So that makes me very nervous. If our offense plays like that against those two teams, we'll be shutout and it won't matter how bad their offenses are.

What's makes you think Minnesota & NW has better defense then WI? NW almost got beat by Ball St and Minnesota? What games are you watching?

Holy hell, I just got on, Knight is kickin a$$ and takin names..(hey man, missed you this past weekend @ the 'Burg, had a freakin ball), and then he gets mirandized.........give him a break boyz.....

I, for one, do think that there were some mistakes made and other issues. But no one can convince me that "Kirk listened to us malcontents". If you think he reads these posts and decides what to do from that, you are sadly mistaken... either that or you have an ego bigger than Texas. He may read these posts, but only for a good laugh.

I work in corporate IT; I certainly don't take any ideas from noobs and haxors on gaming boards and bring them into work.

I thought IT guys were supposed to be smart, you are definitely the exception to the rule. No the noise had NOTHING to do with Kirk changing.....the fear of getting fired had no impact, we all should have just been happy like you and said nothing. LMAO

I thought IT guys were supposed to be smart, you are definitely the exception to the rule. No the noise had NOTHING to do with Kirk changing.....the fear of getting fired had no impact, we all should have just been happy like you and said nothing. LMAO

I don't think anyone was happy about '12 or the end of last year. I don't think many have really been super pumped about any of the last 5 years. A couple a decent, dare I say reasonable years, but more dissappointing than anything.

KF felt pressure, absolutely no doubt, and ultimately that does come from fans/donors/financial support, etc. KF undoubtedly was aware of the discontent and criticism, from the media, the fans, the players, recruits, the staff,etc.

All of these things were catalysts for some of the changes we've seen...that said...I would contend KF's ultimate motivation came from simply wanting to win.

A multi multi millionaire in his 60's who has guaranteed compensation, does not "fear" getting fired, nor does the threat to one's ego alone motivate change...if the fire to succeed isn't present.

This message board, nor any message board, nor the opinions therein...had anything to do with any changes. None.

Winning cures a lot.

Latest posts