Well some Hawk fans may get their wish

ISUer

ESPN's Joe Schad is reporting that Kirk Ferentz would be on the immediate short list for the Penn State job. Along with: Urban Meyer, Al Golden @ Miami (Fla.) would be the main candidates to start out with.

ESPN's Joe Schad is reporting that Kirk Ferentz would be on the immediate short list for the Penn State job. Along with: Urban Meyer, Al Golden @ Miami (Fla.) would be the main candidates to start out with.

Not happening. Or at least in my opinion, there is no chance.

On a side note, figure out why I was banned over there, would ya?

I don't see Ferentz walking into that because of his personality though that's just a hunch. I couldn't see him wanting to play Iowa consistently either, again because of his personality. Meyer quit Florida because of stress related heart issues I believe, I don't see how that would change. Golden I could see because he is trying to fix a scandal filled school though that was uncovered while he was there and possibly had no prior knowledge of it when taking over (I don't know the full story so I could be wrong.

My guess is a lesser known coach takes over.

Also with James being a 5th year senior next year he can't transfer to a D1 school to play so no way in hell KF would go to PSU then come back next year to Kinnick to coach against Iowa and James.

Also with James being a 5th year senior next year he can't transfer to a D1 school to play so no way in hell KF would go to PSU then come back next year to Kinnick to coach against Iowa and James.
He is going to turn down a "dream job" based on his kid having one more season of football left to play? No way. I doubt Ferentz goes, but I would not be shocked, I would say about a 30% chance. Mike Stoops to Iowa? Not as a defensive coach but as head coach?

He is going to turn down a "dream job" based on his kid having one more season of football left to play? No way. I doubt Ferentz goes, but I would not be shocked, I would say about a 30% chance. Mike Stoops to Iowa? Not as a defensive coach but as head coach?

Have you not watched the news lately? It is not a dream job, unless you mean a nightmare.

Thanks for sharing:rolleyes:

He's not going to Penn St. Besides, Iowa is as equal to or a better program currently than Penn St. That job is over valued.

Why is it a dream job? He went and played at UCONN

To be fair, he has stated he was a Penn State fan growing up. He wasn't good enough to play there.

To the original post, I don't think he would go there. As stated, the program is toxic right now. Plus, besides a little name cache, I think we are a pretty similar program right now.

thought this was a thread about isu fans to stop posting on hawkeye message boards.....oh well.

Latest posts