Welcome Home, Mr. Howe

is this the mysterious "recruiting project" or "project x" that JM had been teasing us with since 2009? The revolutionary way to cover recruiting?

Ha!

No.

I was trying to build a network of independent sites. I had 15 to 20 sites in the fold, who were going to be a part of it. The building out of the project pretty much broke me, as it turned out to be something that kept sucking cash, and when you thought you had one thing figured out, there was another issue that propped up.

We had the database built, and I still think we can do something with the concept so I am not going to talk about it yet...if it never happens, maybe I will talk about it in 10 years...

Like everything in life, you either learn from it and get better, or it breaks you and you do get bitter (h/t Tyler Sash). The process made me better in most all ways, though it turned out to be a painful one.

I like the now.

Welcome aboard Rob. Just hope I can keep up with all the sites that exist.

Jon, remember the days when it was just the Herky listserv and digest? ;)

was it rob how who got into it with that radio host from boston who used to work at 1460 kxno and they got into some on air fight over stanzi and whether he knew what djk was up to? i think it was matty p or sportalkmatt?

Rob, I've listed to the AllHawkeyes podcast all season. I do love the banter and ADD nature of the conversation but I often found myself wondering if you were pounding your head against the desk while the rest debated Wham! over Tears for Fears. Ha! I wondered where you had been. Great to see you here!

LOL. Yeah. That's a zany crew. I enjoyed it.

"Zany" is accurate. I've found myself laughing hysterically at times. You did a good job grounding them. The other day I counted four (FOUR!) subject changes in 23 seconds.

Want to extend a welcome to Mr. Howe as well. Look forward to all that is recruiting. Have followed as a recruitnik since the Paul Boettcher days with the Hawks. Here's to good things ahead for you.

was it rob how who got into it with that radio host from boston who used to work at 1460 kxno and they got into some on air fight over stanzi and whether he knew what djk was up to? i think it was matty p or sportalkmatt?

I still have that audio clip ;)

Why? Did you get blocked as well? Mine was over sticking up for Spank, about something I probably shouldn't have stuck my nose in (I really can't remember).

I was joking and posting back and forth with an admin and admittedly we were both straddling the line a bit as many do. I didn't say anything worse than the admin stated but I got banned & the admin did not. It came completely from L field & I was shocked.

I thought I'd be banned for some time which I was fine with but was never able to get on again after mult attempts. Really, a lifetime ban for something I really didn't think I'd get banned for. Anyway, I think shortly after that I think they attempted to get subscriptions & I was like see ya. Found HawkeyeNation & have been here ever since never looking back. I don't lurk anywhere else. This is enough to handle.

Even better now with the recruiting inside that Rob will bring. I don't really know the guy so I won't judge or hold a grudge. I suspect had a shorter fuse back then, than does now. Bygons be bygons.

Latest posts