Welcome Home, Mr. Howe

Benddontbreak

Great to have you on board, looking forward to your recruiting coverage and write ups in particular. Welcome, Rob!

Welcome aboard Rob! Now start working on JD to get the damned website tweaked and working optimally. Still can't post tweets that bring the video and pics over with them. Also when the heck cant we just click on a thread and have it take us to the last post we read, and show us what threads we are posting in.

If you can get these things done, I will be forever grateful, as I have asked JD about a dozen times to address these.

Oh, and looking forward to the added recruiting coverage over here. Once again Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Rob! Now start working on JD to get the damned website tweaked and working optimally. Still can't post tweets that bring the video and pics over with them. Also when the heck cant we just click on a thread and have it take us to the last post we read, and show us what threads we are posting in.

If you can get these things done, I will be forever grateful, as I have asked JD about a dozen times to address these.

Oh, and looking forward to the added recruiting coverage over here. Once again Welcome aboard!

You'll be seeing a lot of changes over the next 60 days, including a move to xenforo forum software. It is more stable and dynamic than vbulletin. I cannot wait to have this as our forum software.

Things have been going exceptional well for the business, and we are reinvesting a great deal back into it...namely, with the addition of Rob, but you'll also see some tech changes, quicker loading speeds with ads (going to a different ad delivery company which is more efficient and more safe for you). Very exciting times

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, guys!

I am the guy from Scout and other places.

I started covering Iowa sports for the Iowa City Press-Citizen in '97 and worked there until the summer of '03 when I joined Jon at HN. We were together at HN from '03-'09 when Jon took HN independent and I stayed on with Scout. I published the Iowa Scout site from '09 to April of this year when I started another independent site with two other people, All Hawkeyes. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the posse.

In all seriousness, I've enjoyed all of my places of employment but feel like HN is where I'm most comfortable. It does feel like home and I couldn't be happier to be back.

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, guys!

I am the guy from Scout and other places.

I started covering Iowa sports for the Iowa City Press-Citizen in '97 and worked there until the summer of '03 when I joined Jon at HN. We were together at HN from '03-'09 when Jon took HN independent and I stayed on with Scout. I published the Iowa Scout site from '09 to April of this year when I started another independent site with two other people, All Hawkeyes. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the posse.

In all seriousness, I've enjoyed all of my places of employment but feel like HN is where I'm most comfortable. It does feel like home and I couldn't be happier to be back.

Joined in 2009, first post nearly 7 years later. Jon I smell an Alt here. Please ban RobHowe, I don't trust him. ;)

Seriously though Rob, looking forward to your coverage here, especially the added recruiting aspect.

Joined in 2009, first post nearly 7 years later. Jon I smell an Alt here. Please ban RobHowe, I don't trust him. ;)

Seriously though Rob, looking forward to your coverage here, especially the added recruiting aspect.

Also, there is a poster named Robowe (or something like that). Everytime I see that name, I think it's Rob Howe. Is this a Rob/Jon alt as well? Things are getting pretty heavy around here.

Congrats to both Jon and Rob. HN sorely needed a recruiting veteran on staff to round out coverage, and this seems like a great fit for Rob as well...more established Indie site/group so he can hit the ground running.

Also:
[video=youtube;hQo1HIcSVtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg[/video]

LOL. Good catch, Dean. I think Jon transferred all the users from the HN at Scout to this independent site when he made the switch in '09. Just took me awhile to post. :)

LOL. Good catch, Dean. I think Jon transferred all the users from the HN at Scout to this independent site when he made the switch in '09. Just took me awhile to post. :)

Ah, makes sense. So what alt did you poster under to mess with Jon? Were you IowaLaw or Hawknick?

I'm fired up to have Rob back and that Hawkeye Nation is doing so well. I'm sure it's no coincidence that the last two seasons being what they've been have helped with the traffic on here. Last year being as frustrating as it was and ending with what seemed like a fork in the road be it for the coaching staff/QB position and then this year going the way it has for sure gotten the fan interest to be off the charts. I hope that as magical of a season as this has been that the fan interest only stays high going forward and the team can own the BIG west if not the whole conference.

Jon said there was some exciting news coming soon. Hopefully it's about bringing the app back.

I am a proponent of bringing that back. My hope would be by next football season. The changes coming to the message boards will be fantastic, allow for better moderation (Rob is going to be a big help in that area, as the site needs it)...there are a few more things you will see in the coming months, but we'll leave it at that for now.

is this the mysterious "recruiting project" or "project x" that JM had been teasing us with since 2009? The revolutionary way to cover recruiting?

He banned me once which is the way I found my way here. Apparently his leash was shorter than Jon's as Jon would give individuals a time-out. Wasn't the case with Rob. Actually, I was joking back and forth with one of the administrators and we were playing off each others post & straddling the line a bit. I got banned but the admin didn't. Go figure.

But aside from that, I'm excited to have him on board with what he will bring, in particular, the recruiting info.

He banned me once which is the way I found my way here. Apparently his leash was shorter than Jon's as Jon would give individuals a time-out. Wasn't the case with Rob. Actually, I was joking back and forth with one of the administrators and we were playing off each others post & straddling the line a bit. I got banned but the admin didn't. Go figure.

But aside from that, I'm excited to have him on board with what he will bring, in particular, the recruiting info.

I was already excited about Rob being back but the prospect of him banning you has me even more pumped! :)

the new recruiting formula will be "no rating" until the kid has been with Doyle for two years.

Welcome, Rob Howe! Look forward to your expertise, which is well known, on this site.